Toddler fatally shoots woman during work video call

commodon

NES Member

Police say an adult in the apartment left the firearm unsecured and loaded​

By Associated Press
August 13, 2021 | 9:53 AM

ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) — A toddler found an unsecured, loaded handgun inside an apartment and fatally shot a woman while she was on a work-related video call, police in central Florida said.

According to news outlets, the woman was the mother of the toddler who shot her in the head Wednesday.

Someone on the video call dialed 911 after seeing the toddler in the background and hearing a noise, Altamonte Springs police said in a news release Thursday. The woman, identified as 21-year-old Shamaya Lynn, fell backward and never returned to the video call, the person reported.

Officers and paramedics did their best in rendering aid to Mrs. Lynn, but she was found with a fatal gunshot wound to the head,” police stated.

An adult in the apartment left the firearm unsecured, police said. Investigators were working with the Seminole County State Attorney’s Office to determine whether charges will be filed.

Already posted in the "N/D Of The Week" thread an hour earlier:

Needed a snappier title… next time, try…

“Toddler fatally shoots woman during work video call”

Needed a snappier title… next time, try…

“Toddler fatally shoots woman during work video call”

The N/D thread has been ongoing since 2016, and the title is fine for the content it contains.
Would you rather have several hundred threads about accidental shootings, or one thread to keep all the relative news stories together in ???

The N/D thread has been ongoing since 2016, and the title is fine for the content it contains.
Would you rather have several hundred threads about accidental shootings, or one thread to keep all the relative news stories together in ???

there are just somethings I’ve come to accept appreciate on NES, and they are pretty standard. It’s like the sky being blue. It’s just that way — “OP going to jail,” “hi Maura,” Reptile posting some creepy sh*t, Carlsdad having a rant, Enbloc with some funny memes, Len-2A with some sage-like interpretation of what is go/no-go for MA law, and tons of sh*t posting by Broc… 😁

Your thing is to point out when someone dupes a topic/story you already posted in some other thread…. 😉

It’s cool they’re archived in one place — I think we all appreciate how the story can be resurrected years later for reference. The snappy titles are funny click-bait on a Friday night that’s all. I was just being an a$$ that’s all… That’s kinda my thing 😎

In recent NES fashion, we can’t handle anything less than 300 individual threads for each bullet fired unintentionally across the fruited plain.

we need moar threads.

also, you’re discounting the possibility that the toddler murdered her mother intentionally. Showed her who’s boss!

Pretty good aim for a toddler.

Soooo many questions here…

had to be a Tupperware gun… no way the toddler was picking up a government 1911 or Beretta.

Was the trigger modified to a competition weight? I find it hard to believe a toddler would easily pull a 6+ lb trigger.

Where was this firearm left that the toddler had easy access? Even picking it up off the coffee table and aiming doesn’t sound plausible, let alone from a higher surface like a counter or dresser.

The story says the body fell backwards, but was shot in the back of the head — I would have expected the body to have fallen forwards if shot from behind unexpectedly… which way did Lincoln’s body fall?

story says “an adult” left the gun, but didn’t suggest the firearm was owned by the mom implying another adult?

these things are just not adding up in my mind… what am I missing here?

my guess is it was a suicide and they are blaming the toddler to push the anti-gun agenda.
Meh plenty of toddlers shoot people in Florida. It would not shock me if the numbers are disproportionate to FL at this point. There’s enough sketch going on in some places down there it doesn’t surprise me at all.

Speaking truthfully. I see grown ass adults at the range having trouble hitting a piece of cardboard at 5 yards. Yet all those toddlers seem to be able to handle and shoot someone. My daughter is 9 and has a hell of a hard time holding a sr22. Pretty suspicious of many of these stories.

Back
Top Bottom