Today was a glorious day...

I have had my permit for about a year and a half now. Like many of you out there I had a uphill battle with my significant other over firearms ownership. I had to fight to get my first gun, which if it wasn't for my boss it may not have happened. Guns were scary, guns were evil, guns and the people who own them are bad. Throughout this time I have shown my responsibility and my emphasis on safety first. Tonight I got my reward. I went to the range to fire a new gun, and my girlfriend came with me. This makes her second trip to the range, however she did not fire the first time.

Today was different. We had VERY little time due to the sun going down. She got 6 rounds in the wheel gun and 5 in the ACE. I had to spray the target and shine a flashlight so she could hope to see. All in all I say she did pretty damn good.
Closeup of the target
IMAG0497.jpg

And with her
IMAG0499.jpg

I am a pretty happy guy tonight [smile]

I have to say some other people that had a big influence on her were Adam and Nicole, Going to that shop and seeing that Nicole is who she is and a firearms enthusiast really shook up her preconceived notion that the only gun owners were old men who hunt.

On the ride home she put her ears in the center console of her car for as she said " so that i always have them when we go to the range."[party][rockon]

Last edited:
Rock on! You should write a book on how to subvert significant others into shooting companions.

Sooo ... is she getting her own safe or you will be sharing? [smile]

That is awesome, lucky man... she got a sister? :)

Good shooting! Glad you got her out there and she enjoyed.

great to hear man!! I wish wifey would at least take me up on my offers to go shooting. she was gung ho at first but she lost interest for some reason, she even took the safety class to get her LTC...

roommates friend was over yesterday, almost shit a brick when I busted out the 1919, maybe because she had her kid with her but he seemed pretty interested in it at 1, hopefully he'll remember that [smile]

congrats on the successful conversion!

Good for her.

It's amazing how unscary guns become when they actually get exposed to them instead of just repeating what they hear. Whenever I hear the old "guns are bad and kill people" comment I ask for reasons and I have yet to get something not generic as "guns kill people". I'll bet that is the single most common response 95% of the time.
I have yet to get someone completely against guns to the range, but I have brought a lot of "I'm nervous and don't know about them" and "I'd like to try, but don't know anybody" people there. I have never brought anyone to a range who has not enjoyed themselves. Everyone has wanted to come back.

Back
Top Bottom