• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tite Group Sporting, Northborough, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I was in there he (someone behind the counter anyway) was saying that a Bass Pro or Cabela's or something like that was being built nearby. It sucks that all the little shops are being squeezed out.

There's a new Dicks up the road but I can't see that doing squat to Mike's business.

Bummer. He was a good guy with a good shop.

Pullman in Worcester, HS in Auburn, Wayne's in W. Boylston, Bob's in Webster, and Tombstone in one of the Brookfields will have to take up the slack.

Thats some bad news!
Havnt been in the shop in a while but saw Mike in DD recently and we chatted.
Will be sure to stop in this weekend to say hi and see what the deal is.
Looks like Bob in Webster will be getting all my business once Mike shuts down.

That sux big time. That's probably why I haven't gotten a call back about that Sig I was looking for :-(

Terrible news... He ran a great little shop and was always helpful with acquiring things I was looking for.

I was just in there last week. Best of luck to him and if anyone here has any suggestions for someone else nearby I'm open to suggestions via PM as well.

I can't see Dicks or any other big box store being competition for Mike. So I'm hoping he's shutting down because he wants to and not because he has too.

Bummer. He was a good guy with a good shop.

Pullman in Worcester, HS in Auburn, Wayne's in W. Boylston, Bob's in Webster, and Tombstone in one of the Brookfields will have to take up the slack.

As well as Archery and Arms in Shrewsbury (haven't bought anything there "yet" but probably will [smile]). Seems like a friendly shop. Friend of mine purchased there and said he liked it.

Ugh, that sucks. Hope it was of Mike's choice and he's retiring to the place out west he always talked about.

Thats too bad, I did some business with him and he was a great guy to deal with and shoot the sh!t with. I wish him the best.

WTH happened? I haven't been in there for a while, but that guy was awesome. Always was nice to me and he would talk forever. I remember him saying that his kids lived down south I think, maybe Georgia, and that he would like to move there some day.

I hope he is alright. I might try and get down there this week since I am out of work anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom