Titanium Commander images

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
Just finished this custom Titanium Commander for a client. His choice of grips and a natural Ti finish really look great. The slide is a deep blue/black. Greg

The frame is all Titanium. The slide is carbon steel blued/ The toleranec is a bit looser maybe .003/004 to prevent gaulling. The frame was glass beaded 60/100. Caspian recommends the natural finish. There is a firm in FL which can anodize Ti. but I hear the results on firearms can be spotty. Greg

Greg, how much lighter is that gun than a stock Commander?

Very nice work, by the way!

Not much of a difference that it was worth the $$$$$ to be honest. That gun was built for me by Greg. It shoots as good as it looks. The Ti frame reduces the weight a bit, but I just liked the look and feel of the Ti. It does gall a bit and I find using a good gun grease like Tetra is the way to go with this gun. Like any fine machine, the gun needed some tweaking to make it 100%, and Greg was more then willing to take care of it, thus I can recommend both his smithing and customer service/follow up, which is just as important. I was going have the buld out done by one of the big name smith places like EGW or Novack, but am happy I stayed local.

I never thought of building a 1911 from titanium.

Ive made a few AR15's from titanium and also from silicon/ aluminum Bronze.

BTW what does your state think of 80% builds ? we buy the castings and do the last 20% of the work. A great feeling of accomplishment building your own firearms.

Just finished this custom Titanium Commander for a client. His choice of grips and a natural Ti finish really look great. The slide is a deep blue/black. Greg

Back
Top Bottom