Time for BATFE to reissue C&R on address change

doobie

Banned
I moved in Jan and it took 2-3 weeks to get my updated C&R. I moved again at the end of June and am still waiting for my updated C&R. It's been almost 2 months this time. Anyone know if the BATFE is behind and if I should just keep on waiting or call them (do they have a #)? I have a number of purchases I want to make, but I can't until I have my new C&R.

TIA
Doobie

Sorry, you can't call the ever helpful Yolanda because you don't live in MA anymore
tonque.gif

But call the Federal Firearms Licensing Center (404-417-2750). They'll connect you to the agent in charge of your area who can update you on the status.

Sorry, you can't call the ever helpful Yolanda because you don't live in MA anymore
tonque.gif

But call the Federal Firearms Licensing Center (404-417-2750). They'll connect you to the agent in charge of your area who can update you on the status.

Thanks! I called.... "I see we received the form and issued a new license, but I see it hasn't been mailed out yet."

They are going to fax it, but "don't know when it'll be faxed." Hopefully they will also send me the hard copy.

I moved in May, and the license got there before I did.

You are required by law to notify no less than 30 days before the move.

Well, they sent me a fax.... a cover page and a blank sheet of paper. How nice of them.

Then I called back and the lady said "We don't fax copies, but it looks like it was mailed out this morning."

Apparently...they kept my old address as my mailing address... I've now received two copies of that big fat set of papers...and have been charged $3.63 each set that was forwarded in the mail.... and yet still no license.... *sigh*

Success! I have a copy of my C&R license with my premise address correct.... the reason I didn't get it...they f'd up and updated my premise address, but kept my old mailing addr.... *sigh* another addr update to come...

Back
Top Bottom