Thug Attempts to Take MBTA Agents's Weapon

I love the part when she said that she can not help the person when he says he was getting robbed. While i believe it might of been a trap to corner the Women to steal her gun what would be the result if he really was in trouble and that MBTA worker would not even go help till police got their. I don't know about you if some one came up to me and said some one was getting robbed and needed help i would probably do my part to try and help.

It sounds like these agents are not sworn law enforcement by simply "collection agents of the funds from the payment areas. To me it sounds like they have no responsibility to respond to a crime.

They couln't help themselves from what I saw, never mind anyone else!

"MBTA Revenue Collection Agent"

Doesn't something about this just seem wrong? They're basically armed cops whose sole job is to NOT protect people but IS to collect revenue.

Am I the only one who has a problem with this?

You're either a glorified bank agent and you can CCW on your own permit or you are a cop (with all the associated police powers) who is carrying on your badge. This position appears to be the worst of both worlds.

"MBTA Revenue Collection Agent"

Doesn't something about this just seem wrong? They're basically armed cops whose sole job is to NOT protect people but IS to collect revenue.

Am I the only one who has a problem with this?

You're either a glorified bank agent and you can CCW on your own permit or you are a cop (with all the associated police powers) who is carrying on your badge. This position appears to be the worst of both worlds.

I would liken them more to the people that empty parking meters. They are armed, but the last I knew, they weren't police officers. Or maybe armored car staff is more apt. In any case, I don't think they are sworn personnel, don't have powers of arrest, and so on.

Gary

I believe they are similar to Wells Fargo guards, except they work for the T. They are not police officers, so I'd say they have no training to respond to a crime, other than to report it. Getting involved may only worsen things. Best thing to do is to report a crime and be a good witness.

They collect the money from the pass/ticket vending machines and transport it to the counting room in Charlestown so it can be pilf-OOPS- I mean counted.
GC

So your telling me that they are "trained" with a firearm to prevent being robbed and to protect MBTA property but cant deal with some else being robbed.

If i was a MBTA person like she was i would have at least tried to do something. but i guess im a good person.

To me they sound like nothing more than money transport similar to a armored car driver. They are not law enforcement, nor are they required to act during the commission of a criminal act. The firearm's they are provided are solely for use during the transport of the funds.

Does the MTBA personnel have any LE training of simply a short firearm's training course?

These MBTA agents ..are prob not even covered under the insurance to protect the $$$ ..The guns are for there own safety. As someone whom has done armed Courier Service..they tell you to give them the $$$... the gun is to protect you!!!

As noted the gun is for their personnel protection. Radios are useless in many areas of the subway so they're completely on their own. MBTA does have cops and even they won't go to certain known problem areas without 2+ officers because there's no way to call for backup.

A lot of MBTA personnel were shifted around when they went to the Charlie Card. People that used to sit locked in the booth selling tokens are now collecting money from machines. It's not brain surgery but not quite the same skill set either.

The other "collection officer" at least made like he was going to draw down on the bad guy. The video proves just how stupid crooks are getting.

How -legally- does that work?

Citizens can't open carry in this state. So I would assume that you would need to be a sworn LE to carry like that. Yet these MBTA agents (as well as armed guards) do without problem. What's the law concerning that?

They Had No Non-Lethal Alternative!

The perp had no visible weapon, but was trying brute force to extract the gun from the MBTA woman agent. The other agent came to her aid and was ready to draw on the perp.

They needed pepper spray for this incident as a non-lethal alternative. A couple of shots with the spray in the face by the #2 MBTA agent and this perp would have been out of the game.

Citizens can't open carry in this state. So I would assume that you would need to be a sworn LE to carry like that. Yet these MBTA agents (as well as armed guards) do without problem. What's the law concerning that?

These collection agents are probably licensed like security guards. You see armored car personnel open carrying all the time.

A transit cop was found visible in a public place? Will wonders
never cease? [laugh]

-Mike

Citizens CAN open carry in this state- it's just not advisable for a
number of reasons. (mainly because of administrative penalty
via the "unsuitable person" BS in discretionary licensing.) There
is no LAW to be broken by open carrying, but the issuing authority
can still levy what I would call an administrative penalty if they
have a hair on their backside.

The reason "guys with uniforms and badges" get away with it is
because the sheeple are brainwashed enough to basically give anyone
with the aforementioned objects a "free pass". Nothing
more, nothing less.

-Mike

Citizens CAN open carry in this state- it's just not advisable for a
number of reasons. (mainly because of administrative penalty
via the "unsuitable person" BS in discretionary licensing.) There
is no LAW to be broken by open carrying, but the issuing authority
can still levy what I would call an administrative penalty if they
have a hair on their backside.

The reason "guys with uniforms and badges" get away with it is
because the sheeple are brainwashed enough to basically give anyone
with the aforementioned objects a "free pass". Nothing
more, nothing less.

-Mike

Ahhhhh

Thanks!!!!

As someone whom has done armed Courier Service..they tell you to give them the $$$...
Do that and you'll be #1 at the top of the suspect list, with the assumption being either that the robbery never happened or that you were acting in concert with the robber.

So your telling me that they are "trained" with a firearm to prevent being robbed and to protect MBTA property but cant deal with some else being robbed.

If i was a MBTA person like she was i would have at least tried to do something. but i guess im a good person.

I feel the same way.

You should consider that they are only two individuals with a large amount of cash. The operation might have been intended to capture the money. They could not leave the money unattended nor could the separate. It could have been a ploy to separate them.

It would be best if they had radios and called for backup immediately from the MBTA police. They should have told the guy to remain still and controlled the situation.

Bill

You can open carry with an unrestricted class A.

Bill

Maybe it's just me that has a respect of armored car guards that is the the same as leo,but if you were to try and take either of their guns from their hip wouldn't you get shot by their partner(s),or is it just stop the situation like this incident?

The perp had no visible weapon, but was trying brute force to extract the gun from the MBTA woman agent. The other agent came to her aid and was ready to draw on the perp.

They needed pepper spray for this incident as a non-lethal alternative. A couple of shots with the spray in the face by the #2 MBTA agent and this perp would have been out of the game.

Um, pepper spray? When I got certified in weapon retention, we were told that a gun grab is a lethal threat, and the correct response is a lethal one, via baton strike, firearm or whatever else you can do to get them the f*** off of you.

You can open carry with an unrestricted class A.

Really?

Last time I looked at the statute, it was silent on the subject of open carry and explicitly states that a Class A is required for concealed carry.

You and Snapshot must have gone to the same law school.......

I love the part when she said that she can not help the person when he says he was getting robbed. While i believe it might of been a trap to corner the Women to steal her gun what would be the result if he really was in trouble and that MBTA worker would not even go help till police got their. I don't know about you if some one came up to me and said some one was getting robbed and needed help i would probably do my part to try and help.

Would you go help if you had no weapon?

Would you jump in as a concerned civilian, without knowing the full situation?

I wouldn't jump in even if I was armed. I'd call the police as a witness, unless I was witnessing someone about to be horribly injured or their death was imminent.

Back
Top Bottom