Thordsen Customs

As far as now goes. are the Thorsden Customs pistol cheek rest kits in compliance. for CT others. They seem to look better than a bare buffer tube.. Just want to know if they comply with all rules.

Attachments

• Cheek rest.jpg
    Cheek rest.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 16
Thank you Ron.
LOL, Heads up: I think he was being sarcastic. Most LGS's and LEO's don't have a clue.

IMHO the recent ATF 'ruling' remains murky-

According to the ATF, pistol arm braces which people may inadvertently shoulder are “in scope” of the decree, however buffer tubes and extensions which “do not have sufficient surface area” to shoulder (whatever that means) are not in scope of the ruling (at this point). If you have an AR, AK or other similar build which has an attached pistol buffer, compliance of the decree is as simple as removing the brace or installing an upper with a 16”+ barrel. According to a number of manufacturers, all are noting straight tubes/extensions and cheek rests are still completely out of scope according to the ATF’s Maxim and Thordsen cheek rest letters and are conspicuously unlisted as part of the ATF decree. ATF Brace Ban Options - Thordsen Cheek Rest - Part 2

This article essentially deems the Thordsen as "should be legal". I don't think anyone can honestly give you a definitive answer. It's up to you to decide whether or not to assume the risk. My personal opinion is that one should configure similar to known factory production AR pistols or simply go ahead and get the tax stamp for a SBR. I'm not going to criticize others who go a different route if they choose to assume a higher degree of risk.

Yes, I'm being an A hole. Dude, your asking us if this thing that allows you to rest your cheek while shouldering your pistol is legal? How the hell would we know? the ATF doesn't even know. We have a search function you can use for questions like this with countless pages of discussions for future reference.

Back
Top Bottom