• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any experience with SAS Tactical Customs - milling?

Trying to get my P30SK milled for a 507K as I much prefer to carry something DA/SA than my VP9 optics ready. Anyone have experience with SAS for slide milling? Prices are extremely reasonable compared to the competition. It looks like at least on the P30, he would just get rid of the rear sight and re-dovetail it to the front of the optic if I choose to. Are backup irons really that important? Plenty of red dots have a makeshift iron notch towards the rear anyway. I figure I'll just put up a mid height front to line up with the iron-notch on the optic.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've found these vendors: Langdon Tactical ($325), Wright Armory I-Dot System ($450,) SAS Tactical ($180-$220.) The different companies websites are sometimes unclear if they work on the P30SK, or the P30SKS (has manual safety.) You can also go with the far less pleasing, but far less costly EGW dovetail plate ($49).

Langdon, Wright, and SAS seem to have comparable satisfaction reviews. Just from the aesthetic appeal, I like the Langdon Tactical version. Here's an interesting Youtube video comparing the Langdon and Wright versions.

Do not use sas tactical. You will get screwed out of your money. They take in money for work they are not doing and when people cancel the order after months and sometimes years of waiting sas refuses to refund money scam scot sas tactical

Do not use sas tactical. You will get screwed out of your money. They take in money for work they are not doing and when people cancel the order after months and sometimes years of waiting sas refuses to refund money scam scot sas tactical
Great First Post!

Great First Post!
Lol. According to reddit and HK forums, they take FOREVER to do the job. They sit on your slide for months and months at a time but you will get it back eventually and it's a decent result. They have a policy clearly stated that if you have buyer's remorse and want the slide back after a month, no refund.

Sounds just like SURVIVE! Knives business model. Keep taking $$ and orders and deliver nothing for years. Always running, hiding and making excuses for being f***ing thieves.

Trying to get my P30SK milled for a 507K as I much prefer to carry something DA/SA than my VP9 optics ready. Anyone have experience with SAS for slide milling? Prices are extremely reasonable compared to the competition. It looks like at least on the P30, he would just get rid of the rear sight and re-dovetail it to the front of the optic if I choose to. Are backup irons really that important? Plenty of red dots have a makeshift iron notch towards the rear anyway. I figure I'll just put up a mid height front to line up with the iron-notch on the optic.

Check the Google Reviews… sastacticalcustoms has very low google reviews. He states 12-18 weeks “minimum” to finish some jobs… 10 months later you may have your item… maybe. NO EXCUSE for over promising and under delivering!!! A lot of very agree Gun owners! He appears to be working out of his garage perhaps. He also puts a lot of orders ahead of others. Anyway… sometimes it just more cost effective to sell your old stuff and by new pistols that already have the slide cut with cover plates from the factory. I’m still waiting for my stuff… I am guessing 8 months from now I will receive my slide cut “no refinish”, cover plate, adapter plate. His prices are fair. Hopefully he doesn’t screw up my slide because the reviews say he won’t replace it.

Dude did a pretty good job. Only took 5 months to get it back though haha. Yeah if I needed work done on a gun I wanted to carry sooner, absolutely would have gone with someone like Parker Mountain instead. But it's solid work if you have the patience and don't mind not having the specific piece in your safe for a while.

20231201_171721.jpg

Dude did a pretty good job. Only took 5 months to get it back though haha. Yeah if I needed work done on a gun I wanted to carry sooner, absolutely would have gone with someone like Parker Mountain instead. But it's solid work if you have the patience and don't mind not having the specific piece in your safe for a while.

View attachment 862041

That looks like the opposite of good machine work to me man.

The gap on the optic makes it look like either the cut isn't straight, or the slide wasn't mounted straight for the cut. Like you have no gap on the far side of the slide and 1-1.5mm of gap on the near side.

Is the plate / optic centered? do you have similar over-hang on both sides? Does it increase/decrease front to back on either or both sides?

Have you had any issues where the POI shifts left/right as distance changes?

Or does the front of the optic just have a bit of a bowl-shape and it is a bad angle highlighting it?

Last edited:
That looks like the opposite of good machine work to me man.

The gap on the optic makes it look like either the cut isn't straight, or the slide wasn't mounted straight for the cut. Like you have no gap on the far side of the slide and 1-1.5mm of gap on the near side.

Is the plate / optic centered? do you have similar over-hang on both sides? Does it increase/decrease front to back on either or both sides?

Have you had any issues where the POI shifts left/right as distance changes?

Or does the front of the optic just have a bit of a bowl-shape and it is a bad angle highlighting it?
It was a straight cut up front and the optic is curved slightly so to your last question, yes. I think my VP9 has the same little curve gap up front and that has a factory cut slide. The Holosun 507c is just a bit more curved than the RMR up front and it was designed for the RMR so I'm using the wrong optic but the optic is centered completely and it shoots straight and caliper readings show it to be equal on both sides overhanging equidistant. Haven't experienced any left right shift for POI.. is that a common thing? I know it consistently shoots dead on I zeroed it at 20 yards and it stays close to bullseye even up to 30 with my wrist sandbagged shooting it. I'm not that good of a shot with a pistol beyond 30 yards nor is my eyesight.

It was a straight cut up front and the optic is curved slightly so to your last question, yes. I think my VP9 has the same little curve gap up front and that has a factory cut slide. The Holosun 507c is just a bit more curved than the RMR up front and it was designed for the RMR so I'm using the wrong optic but the optic is centered completely and it shoots straight and caliper readings show it to be equal on both sides overhanging equidistant. Haven't experienced any left right shift for POI.. is that a common thing? I know it consistently shoots dead on I zeroed it at 20 yards and it stays close to bullseye even up to 30 with my wrist sandbagged shooting it. I'm not that good of a shot with a pistol beyond 30 yards nor is my eyesight.

With that first line, it invalidates every thought I had.

If an optic is not mounted straight front to back, you get it zeroed for a given range, then try to shoot closer or further you would get a POI shift left or right depending on which way it is canted. Unless my understanding of optics is not grounded in reality.

Just from that picture, it looks like either the cut wasn't straight, or optic was mounted in crooked, but since it's the shape of the optic + the angle of the picture making it look like it was off, I'm dead wrong.

He over promises and under delivers. He estimated 8-12 weeks “minimum” for my order.
It is now 22 weeks, the job has not been started and he doesn’t offer an estimated completion date. He has free excuses and has a really bad refund policy where he will keep all your money after a period of time if you cancel. He’s not worth the hassle of not knowing when you’ll receive your order. Go elsewhere.

I’ve had very good experiences with c&h precision.

They have website chpws.

They’re local to me, in the same town. I shoot with people who work there.

That timeline is unacceptable, imho. I've had Wager cut two slides for me and even with full nitride coating the turnaround was about 4 weeks. Doesn't look like they work with HK but just giving you an idea of what a GOOD company is capable of.

I’ve had very good experiences with c&h precision.

They have website chpws.

They’re local to me, in the same town. I shoot with people who work there.
The reason I went with SAS is they sell a cover plate for the optic cut they do. C&H doesn’t offer a plate.

That timeline is unacceptable, imho. I've had Wager cut two slides for me and even with full nitride coating the turnaround was about 4 weeks. Doesn't look like they work with HK but just giving you an idea of what a GOOD company is capable of.
Thanks. Always good to know. I’ll check them out.

Langdon Tactical do good work? I wanna send in my full size P30 with safety to get cut for a dot. Def not bringing it back to SAS. He did my SK fine but I'd rather not wait over half a year.

I had these guys do my shield 2.0. Sent it out on a Thursday, had it back by Wednesday.

Besides liking the gun, for the money I have in holsters and mags it didn't make sense IMO to get a newer optic ready model.

Just from that picture, it looks like either the cut wasn't straight, or optic was mounted in crooked, but since it's the shape of the optic + the angle of the picture making it look like it was off, I'm dead wrong.

Agnoiology.

Back
Top Bottom