Thompson Center Ventrue or Savage 10/110 Trophy Hunter XP in 308?

Looking for a decent entry hunting rifle in 308 and would like input on what people think is the better choice between the Thompson Center Venture and the Savage 10/110 Trophy Hunter XP. I know there are many other choices, but have narrowed my choices down to these two at this time. I am Looking to spend in the $500 to $600 range. I would like to stick with 308 because I have a M1A and all the reloading equipment for for that caliber. Your inputs would be greatly be appreciated.

No personal experience with wither, but both have good reputations for accuracy. There's a .308 Ruger for sale in the classifieds.

I'll be interested to see which you select. I own a Savage 110 in 7mm Rem Mag. It's a tack-driver. I'm not so familiar with TC's centerfire rifles, but they have a great reputation.

Glad to see you've made the jump into reloading - you'll never regret it.

Going with the TC Venture. Both appear to be excellentchoices. It was a toss-up in the end with the TC Venture winning out because TChas a life-time warranty. Thanks for the input!

I bought the 30-06 when they first came out. Using Federal Fusion 150GR at 100 yards I get 1MOA and better. Most times 3 shot groups all over lap eachother.

Back
Top Bottom