This might sound like a strange question.

Sure, don't shoot yourself or your neighbour if a round gets out. Also make sure any escaped rounds won't cross a road.

You need permission from the owner of any property within 300 ft of the point of discharge. I don't know if that counts if the shooting is done in your cellar.

If you have a newish house, I would be a little leary of shooting inside as you may no longer be able to claim that the house has no lead as it'll be in the walls/floors/ceilings and if you shoot a lot it will be upstairs as well. Of course I have no idea if this counts on the realestate forms as lead in the paint or if it is exempted somehow.

Sure, don't shoot yourself or your neighbour if a round gets out. Also make sure any escaped rounds won't cross a road.

You need permission from the owner of any property within 300 ft of the point of discharge. I don't know if that counts if the shooting is done in your cellar.

If you have a newish house, I would be a little leary of shooting inside as you may no longer be able to claim that the house has no lead as it'll be in the walls/floors/ceilings and if you shoot a lot it will be upstairs as well. Of course I have no idea if this counts on the realestate forms as lead in the paint or if it is exempted somehow.

Hell, I don't think I'd want the lead in my house period.

Thanks for the info, but actually I'm thinking of building a leg off of the cellar, vented and closed off from the rest of the cellar. the 300 ft rule isn't a prob.

Thanks for the info, but actually I'm thinking of building a leg off of the cellar, vented and closed off from the rest of the cellar. the 300 ft rule isn't a prob.

Nice! Back when I was an insurance adjuster I went to a house on the South Shore where the home owner had built a pistol range in his basement. He didn't have it ventilated well but aside from that I thought it was a really cool idea.

Can we come visit when its done??

We'll be carpooling so even though there will be 30-40 of us we'll only take 6 or 7 cars so as not to clog up your driveway. WE don't want to put you out or anything since this is the first time and all...and don't worry, if it gets out of hand this week, we'll get it under control for next week. No worries there!

We'll be carpooling so even though there will be 30-40 of us we'll only take 6 or 7 cars so as not to clog up your driveway. WE don't want to put you out or anything since this is the first time and all...and don't worry, if it gets out of hand this week, we'll get it under control for next week. No worries there!

And I'll only bring subguns, no beltfeds. Is your range rated for .50 BMG? Will you have the beer for afterwards? Would you like a list of what we like to drink? Thanks for doing this. Jack.

When it's all done, all welcome. just bring your own pins.
.......... hmmm 30 to 40 in one lane ...... note to self, install extra fan.

I just open my front door and shoot off rounds. I'm probably going to try it later tonight around 7 or 8pm, maybe shoot up the snow a little bit.

i wish i could do that.

*jealous*

hehe, I can open up any door or window in my house and take a few shots :) Almost anywhere on my property is 300 ft from another house. Only a few exceptions, and unless the neighbors complain I don't think they care. I'm going to be asking my neighbor in the spring to help excavate a range along the side of my property near his and welcome him to use it if he wishes. I'm hoping to get 100 yards minimum if not 200 yards.

If you're going to do one lane you might as well do two. Not much bigger, but a whole lot more fun.

Back
Top Bottom