These Country Stars Want More Gun Control

I realize that your point is to bargain with the government in the hope that we might get something that's better than what we've got now. The illustration shows that no matter what you give them they'll just keep coming back for more. My point is that government over-reach shouldn't be accepted it should be rejected. Government doesn't play fair.

Kind of a bargaining tool, but kind of a point of logic to say if they want "universal", it truly has to be "universal" both ways. The cartoon is fairly straight forward, but almost too rudimentary to make a poignant statement specifically about gun control. The very same scenario happens at all levels of government (and life, for that matter).

True. Criminals are just going to be criminals regardless. The only positive note about background checks in general are weeding out serious mental health issues and domestic violence issues. That being said, we here in this state already get checked out, and all of us here have guns. So I don't have issue if they want to extend that to other states, provided that they loosen up restrictions and supersede state's rights to restrict once you do pass. All bets off if there is no trade off for legal gun licensees.
The founders didn't write loonies out of the Constitution they get guns too. So do all the youths. Guns for everybody. Or guns for nobody(our betters in gov't excepted.)

Criminals don't conduct background checks. Universal background checks is government registration of gun owners which history has shown us eventually leads to confiscation. Also I don't know if you're aware of this but criminals don't have to register their guns because it violates their 5th amendment rights against self incrimination. Haynes v. United States - Wikipedia Government is more interested in protecting criminals than the innocent.
Sooooo..... If a criminal doesn't have to register a gun because self-incrimination, if I were to not have a license/LTC/CCW/whatever by registering a transfer or ownership I would be self-incriminating. So why do an eFa10?

True. Criminals are just going to be criminals regardless. The only positive note about background checks in general are weeding out serious mental health issues and domestic violence issues. That being said, we here in this state already get checked out, and all of us here have guns. So I don't have issue if they want to extend that to other states, provided that they loosen up restrictions and supersede state's rights to restrict once you do pass. All bets off if there is no trade off for legal gun licensees.
They have not succeeded in this. It's all just been an epic failure.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. I'm seldom a fan of more government, but I don't think you're seeing all my points either, particularly with that cartoon. I'm saying, "if you want something from me, a gun owner, then you need to provide something in return". That return would be loosened restrictions for MA. That being said, I didn't exactly factor in registration, so I suppose my original point no longer makes sense.
NO! NO MORE COMPROMISES! The left keeps taking and we get NOTHING. NO MORE! (yes, I'm yelling).

Sooooo..... If a criminal doesn't have to register a gun because self-incrimination, if I were to not have a license/LTC/CCW/whatever by registering a transfer or ownership I would be self-incriminating. So why do an eFa10?
You'll have to ask the Supreme court that ruled on it but since you're not a criminal yet they'll be happy to make you one and send you away for a long time. Once you get out, if you get out then you can take advantage of these laws that protect criminals. You can plea bargain away your crimes and use the constitution to protect your actions. Unlike the law abiding.

Kind of a bargaining tool, but kind of a point of logic to say if they want "universal", it truly has to be "universal" both ways. The cartoon is fairly straight forward, but almost too rudimentary to make a poignant statement specifically about gun control. The very same scenario happens at all levels of government (and life, for that matter).
The government doesn't bargain in good faith.

You'll have to ask the Supreme court that ruled on it but since you're not a criminal yet they'll be happy to make you one and send you away for a long time. Once you get out, if you get out then you can take advantage of these laws that protect criminals. You can plea bargain away your crimes and use the constitution to protect your actions. Unlike the law abiding.
Can I just call myself a "Natural Citizen" or whatever it is that makes me exempt from laws?

Can I just call myself a "Natural Citizen" or whatever it is that makes me exempt from laws?
You may call yourself whatever you want. Just remember there are always people that will want to label you as something other than what you call yourself. Also nothing makes you exempt from laws when you're a law abiding citizen. It's only those that don't abide by the law/infringements that are free from the laws since the laws mean nothing to them.

The founders didn't write loonies out of the Constitution they get guns too. So do all the youths. Guns for everybody. Or guns for nobody(our betters in gov't excepted.)
Yes, they did this because they knew loonies and those with criminal intent would not be stopped by the laws and therefore those who abide by the law/infringements would be disarmed giving the lawless the advantage over the innocent.
When the right to keep and bear arms is infringed upon it creates an imbalance of power that favors tyrants, terrorists,criminals and madmen since they don't abide by the law. When the right is not infringed upon the balance of power stays in the hands of the people where the founders intended and which allows you to protect and defend yourself when under attack.

Ah yes, The hoops “stars” go through to alienate their audiences and become a name people will recognize...even is it is in a bad way.

Anyone else remember when the short annoying chick from the Dixie Chicks decided to go all political?

I predict these guys go the same way.
I'm not so sure. I honestly don't know much about the Dixie Chicks, but:
a.) their comments were more about Commander-in-Chief/the nation, rather than firearms
b.) the Florida Georgia Line crowd is the "bro country" demographic. One of their songs literally was done in collaboration with the Backstreet Boys. Their fans are listening to them sing about stuff like this (Sundaze, about Sunday):
All I wanna do today is wear my favorite shades and get stoned
Work a little less, play a little more
That's what this day is for

That's a hell of a far cry from Hank Jr's "I got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four wheel drive cause a country boy can survive" kind of lyrics.

People can argue whether Florida Georgia Line is "really country" or not, but their fanbase really isn't the type I would expect would get too bent out of shape about this.

Commercial Country is $hit. These two are “Country” only because Pop didn’t want them. Darius Rucker sucks. Sam Hunt is an abomination. Chris Stapleton is trying to carry the banner for real Country.

Commercial Country is $hit. These two are “Country” only because Pop didn’t want them. Darius Rucker sucks. Sam Hunt is an abomination. Chris Stapleton is trying to carry the banner for real Country.

I'm not a country fan(I do like some of the old stuff but that's about it) but I heard Chris Stapleton on Stern and was very impressed, with him as a person and when he sang Broken Halos live

Anyone else remember when the short annoying fat chick from the Dixie Chicks decided to go all political?

FTFY so that Imus audience members know who you're referring to.

People can argue whether Florida Georgia Line is "really country" or not, but their fanbase really isn't the type I would expect would get too bent out of shape about this.

I had never heard of FGL until their (lo-cal?) beer advertisement
was on short rotation on some radio station.

Can't recall which beer,
but it was certainly a national brand.

87372ab1116965868d0c21b91dd8ca1e

Hire celebrities less well-known than your product for endorsement.
Celebrities that are ticking time-bombs who will upset your market.
Yeah, that's a swift move.
Wonder if the endorsement contract included a moral turpitude clause
that ranked upsetting gun owners as more egregious than violating #MeToo...

I had never heard of FGL until their (lo-cal?) beer advertisement
was on short rotation on some radio station.

Can't recall which beer,
but it was certainly a national brand.
Unfortunately, they also have the only whiskey that I like (Old Camp Peach Pecan - the "original" is pure rotgut - the PP isn't bad). Just when I found something that I could (literally) stomach, now I have to boycott [crying]

Unfortunately, they also have the only whiskey that I like (Old Camp Peach Pecan - the "original" is pure rotgut - the PP isn't bad). Just when I found something that I could (literally) stomach, now I have to boycott [crying]
We learned last month at a cruise ship whiskey tasting
that Irish Whiskey (Tullamore Dew) mixed with cider((?) Angry Orchard?)
has Teh Mellow.

The Bride's not into Tincture of Scotia/Tincture of Eire/Tincture of Maize/...,
but she disliked that concoction the least.

i seem to remember garth brooks made some anti comments years ago just before he stopped doing music and became a house husband. the only country i listen to and own recordings of are hank sr., patsy cline and for some reason, patty loveless. if i'm remembering her name right. i can give keith urban a listen to every now and then, i think he's a super good guitar player.

i seem to remember garth brooks made some anti comments years ago just before he stopped doing music and became a house husband. the only country i listen to and own recordings of are hank sr., patsy cline and for some reason, patty loveless. if i'm remembering her name right. i can give keith urban a listen to every now and then, i think he's a super good guitar player.

Yeah, but Urban's song "Female" is just about the biggest "I'm a cuck" song I've ever heard.

Yeah, but Urban's song "Female" is just about the biggest "I'm a cuck" song I've ever heard.
there's a lot of players i'll listen to that i think are good but don't care for the song/musical style. country isn't for me really except for hank sr. and patsy.

IMHO these guys are 10 tiers lower than that even. IMO they couldn't even tie Garth Brooks shoes....

Back
Top Bottom