There any Model 10s/13s still floating around MA for reasonable prices?

Planning on getting my first centerfire handgun next month and I've pretty much resigned myself to an M39-2 or a PPS as my first 3 choices don't seem to be happening. Not bad guns by any means just not my ideal one

I REALLY want an older style k-frame in .38 or 357 though and was planning on a model 10.I swear it was 6 months ago or less that they were all the over the place for 300-400 bucks but now They're like hen's teeth and going for as much as a NIB L-frame. Maybe everyone was dumping theirs to raise AR funds. 500 is pushing my budget pretty thin if I want to get it before the election and inevitable panic buying and price hikes. Anyone seen any around? I don't really get to the gun shops much as most of em are out of my way.

Just got to keep your eyes open and wait. $450 is about the right price for a nice old one; it'll turn up for you.

Patience, grasshopper. There's good, fast, and cheap: you can have two of those, but not all three.

GP100, or the older Six Series (Service, Speed and Security) are nice ones too.
I prefer Smiths that gave the firing pin on the hammer, newer than that you're in iffy QA territory, IMHO. I've,actually grown fond of a Taurus K frame clone. You'd never know it by the internet, but Taurus makes a good gun sometimes, and I prefer them to newer Smiths. Yeah, I said it.

Good callI just bought a model 10 and model 64 stainless off SOG but you need to have an FFL03 to order from them. Havent received them yet Ill let you know how they look.

Keep your eye out for model 15. It's model 10 but with adjustable sights. I have 39-2 and that is an excellent gun to shoot. Plus 9mm is much cheaper then 38 if you don't reload.

A model 64, which is a stainless model 10, can be had at shops or gunbroker for around $300 to $400. I just saw some on gunbroker for $329 plus shipping and transfer fee. Most of those are police trade ins, shot little and carried a lot. My square butt prelock model 10, with importer stamp was $425 at my lgs. I would say it's 80% blue, good bore, rock solid timing and lock up, came with magna stocks in good condition.
ca8d874c6d889100c7c4c55565177b36.jpg

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Shooting supply in westport has some nice K frames there.
65, 14, 15 and maybe another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One hint when buying an old Model 10 (or any other hangun) - remove the grip as part of the pre-sale inspection. I've seen wonderfully maintained 95%+ guns that were lovingly cared for, but the owner never took the grips off - leaving beautiful blue exposed and corrosion under the grip where the metal has not seen the light of day for decades.

One hint when buying an old Model 10 (or any other hangun) - remove the grip as part of the pre-sale inspection. I've seen wonderfully maintained 95%+ guns that were lovingly cared for, but the owner never took the grips off - leaving beautiful blue exposed and corrosion under the grip where the metal has not seen the light of day for decades.
I agree, thankfully under my grips was good. I stripped it down, and gave it a rub down with ballistol, a beautiful blue was revealed.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You need to have an FFL03 or 01 to purchase from Southern Ohio Gun

Right. Call them and give them your zip code and they will give you FFL's they have on file near you. You will pay a transfer fee.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom