The Suprise we set up for Paul's Homecoming...Mrs. WW you asked for it!!!

OK, so Nicolle and I wanted to find out if there was anything that the town would do to welcome home a resident back from the sandbox.

Well, after some tracking down, several phone calls, visits to offices...

I was able to talk to DANA (Downtown Associates of North Attleborough) and have them work with the town for a small little surprise for Paul.

As you know, they are coming home. Not only are we as PGR there to welcome them home... The Town of North Attleborough is proud of our men and women fighting for our freedoms.

When we offered to make a donation to DANA, they told us to not even think about it, because they won't accept. Just make sure that we take care of him when he gets home.

So, I figured that you all would like to know what it is, so here are some pictures.

Here's the Sign in the Center of Town that EVERYONE in North looks to for what's going on in the City. It's where they announce when the Town Block Party is going to be, when the North Attleborough Santa Parade is going to be, pretty much any info they want the town to pass onto the Residents.

Well, for the next few days, this is what they have up...

WelcomeHome002.jpg

WelcomeHome004.jpg

Not only did they put that on the Sign, they put up the flags down the center of town like they do for the Forth of July...

WelcomeHome003.jpg

WelcomeHome005.jpg

WelcomeHome006.jpg

WelcomeHome001.jpg

And this one of the reasons that I don't want to leave this town. It made me proud, and when I was coming home from work and saw that sign for the first time...well I think that some sand came into to car and got into my eyes...

Sorry that some are kinda blurry...but it was getting dark...and I wanted to get these tonight as I was so excited.

God Bless the men and women of the US Military.

C-pher,

Excellent job!!! And good on your town.

Two weekends ago we took the kids into Boston for the Ringling Brothers/B&B circus. While walking through North Station we passed a young man in full uniform (I think Army) who was waiting for his train. I made sure to stop, point him out to my son, and explain that THERE was a REAL hero, an American soldier. I then thanked him for his service and had my son do the same.

The look on the young soldier's face was priceless. I don't think he expected that in Boston.

(As a side note, I don't want to think about what would have happened had some Cambridge moonbat given him grief in my presence, either...)

Back
Top Bottom