• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The sportsman den Quincy ma

Great place to be for anybody in the south shore. I came here with buncha buddies alla time to pick up bait etc to fish, but now its a 1 stop shop with growing growing amounts of firearms. Love the shop, great friendly fellas.

- Friend of a friend

Chris

Nice selection of guns and Ron is a super guy..... Did my third out of state transfer yesterday and it went great.... Highly recommend you stop in and check it out.....[smile]

Doesn't make sense for him to lose fishing gear with a boat launch and marina right behind the building. He's very helpful, nice guy, and I'm sure it wasn't easy to get a gun store in communist Quincy to start with. I try to buy stuff there even when I don't need it to keep the store running. You can never have too many gun stores, especially in assachusetts !

Guy's just a update for you. Ron has plans to add to the gun side of the house so keep a eye out coming soon more gun stuff for your shooting needs.

Its nice having this store just a couple minutes away from me. Ron has always been pleasant to deal with.

There is some construction going on with the storefront but its still open. You just have to enter at 662, not 666.

Its nice having this store just a couple minutes away from me. Ron has always been pleasant to deal with.

There is some construction going on with the storefront but its still open. You just have to enter at 662, not 666.

Yes the shop is still open for your shooting and fishing supply needs. As I said in my other post Ron plans to change around the shop a good deal once the front of the building is finished. I think you guys will be very happy with his plans, opens up the floor plan for more shooting supplies.

I bought my bodyguard here and the owner was great. Took his time with me and gave me great advice! This place is right down the street so I'll definitely be going back!

I was in there today and met up with a fellow Green member to transact a deal we made here in the classifieds.
This was a good location for the two of us because it's close to the middle from where we both live.
Ron was very gracious for allowing us to use some of his counter space to make our trade.
I haven't been in there for a while and it looks like they're still undergoing some remodeling, and I also noticed that there's a larger selection of guns for sale than last time.

Thanks Ron [thumbsup]

Wow, I looked up a few guns using gun genie and these guys had the lowest prices around. However I have never been here so I don't know anything about the shop.

Last edited:
Wow, I looked up a few guns using gun genie and these guys had the lowest prices around. However I have never been here so I don't know anything about the shop.

Ron is a very nice guy to deal with will break the gun down show you how everything works if you need that kind of TLC. He is currently remolding the shop making the gun side of the house larger and a nice clean layout. I think if you stop in you will be very happy with him and the guys that help him out there.

100% TRUE! the guys are great, you can check out any firearm, no rush no pressure. I was dumb for going to the shop on sundays (my lazy day) and thought that you guys were closed for construction still LMAO. I was informed otherwise by mel. haha I'll be trying to get a buddy in there for his first firearm purchase soon hopefully if his wallet is cush enough haha.

100% TRUE! the guys are great, you can check out any firearm, no rush no pressure. I was dumb for going to the shop on sundays (my lazy day) and thought that you guys were closed for construction still LMAO. I was informed otherwise by mel. haha I'll be trying to get a buddy in there for his first firearm purchase soon hopefully if his wallet is cush enough haha.

Yeah when fishing is done closed on sunday once it kicks back off he is open on sunday.

Yup! i realize that now saves money and allows you fellas to put even more work into the shop if your not mellowing (specially since nomore football =( ) haha. Went in other night for some self defense carry ammo, some great looking Law Enforcement tactical .40 ammunition! thanks Ron!

Just dropped by the Den yesterday to pick up a box of ammo. Very, very nice guys in there. I bumped into an old friend so I hung out in there for a bit. They didn't rush me out or anything. I like a shop that knows what customer service is. Oh, and they had a super cute dog! I'll definitely be back.

I like every experience I have had in this place...my new fav place to go. The remodeling he has done is great. Just a cool no pressure no ego store. Check it out if you havent been in yet

Stopped in last week with a problem my elderly neighbor was experiencing. Solved it in less than a minute. And no charge to the 80+ veteran. Thanks guys..

Stopped in to pick up a new holster and I couldn't be happier. They took the time to talk to me about what my needs were and gave me the perfect solution. Can't speak highly enough about them!

They also had the special limited edition gold / silver LC9 in stock.. picked up the gold one myself! haha great bunch as always.

Ron was a huge help and gave me a great deal on a 1911! The store was busy but he still took the time to help me out! Thanks Ron for a great deal on exactly what I was looking for!

Stopped in there today with another NES member who was buying my Sig 1911 and we were going to have the transfer done at the Den; they gave me attitude right off the bat and said it would cost $50 and we needed to wait until they processed all of the paying customers first.........we waited while one of the guys filled out a form with one customer who must have been a bit slow and then we were finally ready. The crabby SOB behind the counter announced that he needed our LTC's AND my pin#!!! He said the regulations changed last year and he had to process us via eFA form and he needed my pin number which I don't keep with me and they refused to do the transfer....complete a**h***s running that place today and I will never walk in there again..........they are not willing to help fellow gun owners so I refuse to give them any business, ever!!!!!

So you are saying it was a good time. Excellent!

Have to get over there one of these days.

Not...

=( that is super uncharacteristic of anyone I've met at the store, and I stopped in there multiple times. Sorry to hear of your bad experience

They've been nothing but great for me in my multiple experiences there for firearm purchases/transfers and accessories. I'll still frequent the shop.

Never again for me, they were complete a**h***s and lost a potential customer since I saw something that would be a great near term buy but not from them....ever

Back
Top Bottom