• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The sportsman den Quincy ma

Yeah check in now and then, Sig is a pain with there product you order and wait and wait then out the blue UPS shows up with six of them lol.

I have nothing but good things to say about the shop. They have been patient, professional, and polite every time I have needed something. Then again, I was responsible enough to remember my pin number. If you read the rest of the feedback here, you should be able to tell that Ron and his team know what they are doing. Don't let a random post tell you otherwise. Go into the shop, introduce yourself and see how they treat you. Make up your own mind. You won't be disappointed.

I have nothing but good things to say about the shop. They have been patient, professional, and polite every time I have needed something. Then again, I was responsible enough to remember my pin number. If you read the rest of the feedback here, you should be able to tell that Ron and his team know what they are doing. Don't let a random post tell you otherwise. Go into the shop, introduce yourself and see how they treat you. Make up your own mind. You won't be disappointed.

Amen my friend. Fully agree. Sportsman's Den is a great shop and building client base by the day. Everyone I've spoken to at the Range has had great experience at Ron's shop and we actually refer each other to the shop before knowing that the other has already been there as a customer. Great shop hands down.

Haven't had a personal experience here but did email with transfer price and they got back to me right away and were extremely kind. Look forward to doing that business hopefully soon.

Great little shop-- much easier to find than I anticipated, great crew, and there are actually a lot more guns (at very reasonable prices) than are listed on the website. Definitely worth checking out, and pretty close to Boston as well. Did a transfer here and couldn't help stocking up on some accessories.

Great little shop-- much easier to find than I anticipated, great crew, and there are actually a lot more guns (at very reasonable prices) than are listed on the website. Definitely worth checking out, and pretty close to Boston as well. Did a transfer here and couldn't help stocking up on some accessories.

Oyster: Keep a eye out on the website in the next few weeks! Some real work is being put into it to keep it up to date and easy to find what you are looking for.

I was in there this weekend asking about the AR`s.
They were great with answers .
Not pushy about buying,but i think I will be putting one on Layaway this week.
I can`t speak enough about how the crew treats people in there.
Ron you have a Great set up there,please keep growing.
Paul

Paul, if you were in there this Saturday myself and joe I am sure helped you. Thanks for the kind words we always try to help our customers out and get them the best info we can!

Another great experience here! My charging handle on my 522 exploded on me. Sig sent me the pieces I would need to put it back together free of charge. The problem was I had no idea how to assemble it. I brought it into the experts at the shop and they put it back together for me for free. I didn't even buy the rifle here. While I was there I bought a bunch of accessories and will be back for more! Thank you for your exceptional customer service!!!!!!!

Jraysig,

Thanks brother I am sure that was the owner Ron that helped you out. All us here care about any customer that comes in the door and love to help out!

Mike

Stopped in this afternoon, everyone was extremely friendly, nice selection of hand guns, Home Sec. shotguns, AK's. Prices seemed very competitive.

Probably the 3rd or 4th time I've been, but the first since the renovation, really glad to see Ron's business prospering.

Guys I don't post here much as you can see:) I just want to give Ron and crew two thumbs up. I never been so relaxed when walking into a gun store, no pressure nor pushy. They always have time to answer my stupid newbie questions and always have great accessories that I can't find at other stores and are at great prices. I bought two firearms and going on my third, dam you layaway;) if you haven't had a chance, stop by because your missing out on one of the best gun stores in mass.

I was in there today to pick up my DGW Lower from the group buy.
I haven't been there in awhile so this is the first time I've seen the place since the remodeling.
They've expanded quite a bit, with a larger gun display area, and they now have reloading components and Dillon Presses w/accessories in stock.
Their selection of reloading supplies isn't huge, but the components are in popular calibers so the inventory should move fast.

Picked up my DGW lower yesterday @ SD. It was my first time there and I liked the store (and the convenience from the South Shore). It was clean, bright and the guys and guns were nice. I saw Ron as he was setting up a nice little showcase for an EBR. It was quiet when I got there so I was shootin' the S%$^ with another big guy that was really nice as he processed my transfer. Great attitude. He also showed me a possible sight for my next build and he and I agreed on the right Nikon to buy (an M-223)

They had a nice selection of the most popular and available handguns and the prices were good for a LGS. They beat BPS. A few nice looking AR's were in stock and I liked the Windham Weaponry on consignment.

Ammo was very light on the shelves...it was the day after Black Friday. I wanted to support so I picked up some 9mm...no .223 in brass in the shop and I did not see much bulk .22 (we do shoot a lot of that stuff). Overall, a nice experience. I was glad that it looked like it was getting busier when I left.

Just before I left, I found a little .22lr conversion kit for fun with the boy. Ron said he would get some more of the mags by next week and I may pick up a spare. After shooting 400 rounds with it last night...looks like a keeper!

Picked up my DGW lower yesterday @ SD. It was my first time there and I liked the store (and the convenience from the South Shore). It was clean, bright and the guys and guns were nice. I saw Ron as he was setting up a nice little showcase for an EBR. It was quiet when I got there so I was shootin' the S%$^ with another big guy that was really nice as he processed my transfer. Great attitude. He also showed me a possible sight for my next build and he and I agreed on the right Nikon to buy (an M-223)

They had a nice selection of the most popular and available handguns and the prices were good for a LGS. They beat BPS. A few nice looking AR's were in stock and I liked the Windham Weaponry on consignment.

Ammo was very light on the shelves...it was the day after Black Friday. I wanted to support so I picked up some 9mm...no .223 in brass in the shop and I did not see much bulk .22 (we do shoot a lot of that stuff). Overall, a nice experience. I was glad that it looked like it was getting busier when I left.

Just before I left, I found a little .22lr conversion kit for fun with the boy. Ron said he would get some more of the mags by next week and I may pick up a spare. After shooting 400 rounds with it last night...looks like a keeper!

Just a update. Just got in a large order of handgun ammo yesterday 11/29/12. Their is bulk packs of 9mm and 45ACP in 250 packs. Also 100 packs of 45ACP and 100 packs of 380. 233/556 has been hard to track down so the owner is still looking. Thanks for coming in and thanks for the kind words.

Last edited:
I do not post much but in my oppinion Sportsmens Den is a Top Shop with excellent service. Ron and his crew are nothing but knowledgable and extremely professional. I have bought, sold, transfered and traded many guns in that shop and the guys there are great and extremely knowledgable. They always have a great inventory, even when I was there today they had some beautiful guns in. Im thinking of getting into reloading and Ron spent a good amount of time, while the shop was busy just answering questions I had. Prices are great compared to most places. I have never seen them treat any customer anyway but extremely professional and patient. Only place I really buy anything now, I would recommend Sportsmens Den to anyone. Just my two cents

I do not post much but in my oppinion Sportsmens Den is a Top Shop with excellent service. Ron and his crew are nothing but knowledgable and extremely professional. I have bought, sold, transfered and traded many guns in that shop and the guys there are great and extremely knowledgable. They always have a great inventory, even when I was there today they had some beautiful guns in. Im thinking of getting into reloading and Ron spent a good amount of time, while the shop was busy just answering questions I had. Prices are great compared to most places. I have never seen them treat any customer anyway but extremely professional and patient. Only place I really buy anything now, I would recommend Sportsmens Den to anyone. Just my two cents

Thank you for the kind words. That is what we all love to hear at the shop. I personally can't say I know all there is, but I always try to keep up on the latest and greatest as do the rest of the guys at the shop. Thanks again for coming in and give us the time to server you.

Mike

Last edited:
Def my fav gun store and basically the only one I frequent nowadays, I have bought most of my guns from Ron . great crew over there as well. always helpful and willing to lend some knowledge.

Ron has always taken care of my buying and selling needs. Bought my first two 1911s from him and he and his crew have been great. Do live in the city and it's 5 minute ride there.... longer if you don't run the red lights...

I stopped by on the recommendation of a member here and was happy I did. I picked up a spare mag for my M&P 9C and it was at a very fair price. Never mind the fact that a few other stores I contacted did not even stock it.

I was actually there the day Sandy Hook occurred and regret not picking up an AR!

Great shop & staff! Bought my 1st gun in MA here, if doesn't have it will work to find it, has kept ammo prices as close to norm as possible even shipped two pistols he had in stock to my friends FFL in NY for him and his wife after their small local shops were wiped out.

Would suggest Sportsman's for everything and anything you need.

I bought a Mossy 500 there 3 months ago and Mike/Henchmen77 was great to work with. Everyone there is very helpful and it is also the spot i get most of my bait in the summer months. Great shop.

Mike, any M1A's in stock? Actually maybe you should PM me the answer. Haha[laugh]

Sorry for the late reply. I was flying out the day your posted to attend shot show sorry I missed your post. Give Ron a call I just got back and have to unpack and a few other things to do so not sure I will be in the shop till the 28th.

And thanks for the kind words about me! Always here to help out the customer you guys and gals make my day worth it every time!!!

Went in there a few weeks ago looking for an AR15 that my friend's son wanted. Gun was still there, but sold already. Owner seemed like a decent guy. Pleasant and helpful. I'd buy from if he had what I wanted and the price was reasonable. Appears to be a legit business owner and not some scumbag.

Back
Top Bottom