• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The sportsman den Quincy ma

I don't think that anyone has mentioned Ron's lay-a-away program. You can put money down on a firearm that you want to buy and for it over a few months. Once you have fully paid for the firearm, you can take possesion after the usual paperwork and government approvals. This is a great program that other shops do not offer. If there is a firearm you want but can not pay for all at once, then this is a great option for you.

dng I don't think anyone has talked about the lay-a-away plan seeing you go from a few guns to hundreds. Yeah I have done lay-a-way with Ron, it is a great thing but can get you in trouble! Seeing every time I am in there I see something new I want lol.

just went to the store today and walked out with a Smith & Wesson Sigma 9mm. Ron was a great guy to talk to and very friendly. has a decent stock of good shape pistols. some really good prices on long guns mostly shotguns. think i saw some remingtons, mossbergs and winchesters. saw a savage arms .22lr rifle for less than $200. very impressive store and pretty damn easy to get to. right outside Boston and pretty damn close to the Braintree Club where i shoot. saw another Sigma .40 that is next on the list. GREAT PRICES and GREAT SERVICE!!!!!!

one last thing...... awesome dog!!!!!

Yes. The Lay-a-away plan can get you into trouble. I only use if for guns that I really want but don't want to shell out the money for all at once.

I also would like to give a small shout out to The Sportsman's Den in Quincy where I made a Ruger SR9 purchase today.

First off, the price could not be beat hands down. When I went into the store on Sunday I was treated not only with a friendly smile but very respectfully. Those can sometimes be hard to find as a girl looking to purchase firearms. My transaction was delayed by NICS (it was almost expected, they did this to me with my last purchase of a rifle). He felt bad it was the weekend and no one at NICS was available to look into it further that day. 1 1/2 days later he called me back with the good news of a proceed. Now, I work in West Warwick RI until 4:30pm Mon-Fri and the shop hours are only til 6pm. Knowing I would like to come in ASAP to buy the firearm the owner offered to stay open past close to allow me to make the drive after work. Even though I showed up 15 minutes after 6 he was more than helpful, friendly, and even helped me browse for extra's. He was more than willing to stay open until I was satisfied.
Those small details are what makes an extraordinary business in my opinion. I would recommend taking a drop by The Sportsman's Den in Quincy MA and supporting the local business if you can.

I highly recommend the sportsmens den, great prices, great people! I just got night sights installed on my glock for under $100, not too many places can beat that.

Went in today and talked to Mike, Very helpful. a couple other places I've been to have been less than.

Thanks Mike!

Thank you very much. I try my best to help each and every customer with their needs. If you need anything else stop in and Ron and thanks for coming in!!

Last edited:
Purchased my first firearm from Ron about 10 days ago. Couldn't be happier! I spent a few hours talking to him about my needs, concerns etc and never felt rushed or pushed to by a specific brand or pistol.

A+ service all the way!!! I'll definitely be back and by a second and or third when the budget allows.

The Sportsman Den

I have recently got back into this sport/hobby . I am older and lost touch with regulations and new technology. I have purchased 5 hand guns and 1 22 rifle for my son from Ron. Every time I have been at his shop he has spent the time to answer my questions and or concerns in a friendly manner. I have also noticed he is the same with all of the folks that come in, something I have NOT seen at other shops I have been to. It seems at others, if you do not know what you want quickly , , they get , lets say inpatient. Maybe its just my luck with people. I own a small business and expect the type of service Ron gives , just as my customers expect from me.

Thank you Ron , keep it up !

Ron ordered some parts for me. Came in quick with a good price. As usual a pleasure to deal with.

Had Ron do a handful of FFL transfers for me. Had answers to all my questions regarding the legality of certain mags. Pleasure to do business with and its 5 minutes away. Currently waiting for another FFL transfer. Thanks Ron. +1 for facebook group.

Had Ron do a handful of FFL transfers for me. Had answers to all my questions regarding the legality of certain mags. Pleasure to do business with and its 5 minutes away. Currently waiting for another FFL transfer. Thanks Ron. +1 for facebook group.

My experience as well.... Nice guys and a great selection of guns.... Ron handled an FFL for me and it went smooth as silk... Overall a very positive experience....

I recently had dealings with Ron and was very happy. Very fair price on a used firearm, transaction was very smooth and Ron was very personable. Cant ask for anything more than that.

Great shop

Have purchased three weapons in the past several months. Great service and price from owner Ron. & Mike who loves what he does and leads me toward what he knows I will like. Got to pick up those grips I ordered. Thanks Guys !

Brad C

$20 for NES members.

What do I need to prove green membership? Last time I stopped in I asked Ron about using him for FFL transfers.

Always love going to the Den--Ron & Co are more than happy to let you peruse to your hearts content and handle the hardware and talk shop. They are also very patient when answering [dumb] questions. Got a great deal on a Ruger MK III from there, shoots like a dream. At the time of sale, Ron warned me that I'd have a hard time getting it back together after cleaning. He then offered, should I have trouble, for me to bring it in and he'd help!

any comfirmation on the $20ffl fee? they are about 3 blocks away from a good friend of mine who didnt even know there was a shop on the south shore.

Nice place bought a few magazines for my AR and Glock good service.

Last edited:
I don't want to do business with my old FFL shop, this is the next closest place. Would you be willing to ship your "FFL License" to the mfg I want to buy my stripped lower from?

ETA: Will call.

Thanks!

I was in there last week. I am going for my LTC and Ron had some dire news about my municipality and what I can expect license-wise. He had a nice selection there and was very helpful to a thorough novice. On a side note, my 4 year old was with me and noticed a pink revolver in the case and asked if she could have one. I then remarked (without buying her the gun!) about how many people would buy a pink revolver. Ron told me it was more than you would think. Then I saw this on line today:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/2...intruder-florida-home-invasion/#ixzz1HNTXyuWL

So, there you go. That guy ain't laughing at pink guns.

Great store and a breath of fresh air here in the Commonwealth. Thanks, Ron

He's got a great shop! 666 Southern Artery (Rte. 3A, Northbound), Quincy... in the same building as Meineke, and next to AAMCO. I stopped in to browse, bought some ammo, and he let me leave brochures for Project Appleseed... rifle marksmanship instruction and April 19th, 1775, American History.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom