The Sheriff got some U.S. Property.Today!!

Today the BBT or (Big Brown Truck) stoped by to say Hi and he also droped
off a nice package! of wich i have been waiting for, it is a S.M.L.E.#4-Mk1
and its a Savage/W-Savage Marked Bayonet and is Marked U.S. Property
it was like opening up a Christmass Present, You Kinda know whats in it
but you dont know "how good a gift is inside" All i can say is that it is
another Yankee Gun,!( She's a Keepa.! ) i was verry happy with the contents,
its almost as clean as the #4-Mk2 that i picked up at the K.T.P. last Saterday except the rear sight is the Flip up 300-600 peep and the Mk-2
has the Micrometer rear!! Has anyone picked up one of these lately.?
I orderd the #4Mk-1 and they called and said thay were sold out,! so i asked
if thay still had the Savage ones??? Yup/ OK/ $55.00 more/OK/ Now im Glad i
spent the extra!! I just love that B.B.T. Dont you?

Sheriff Dudley

Got one last week too, SD. All Savage marked even down to the bands and swivels. Bolt is mismatched, bore is bright/shiny/sharp, wood is super. For $139, I'm happy with mine.

Every Milsurp Enfield No.4 Mk1 I've ever read about or seen has been a damn good shooter. Must be something about the combination of the rifle design and the ammunition - it just works!

I mentioned in a thread earlier in the year that my $119 beauty from Four Seasons is quite capable of 2 MOA accuracy - and I got the target to prove it:

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4698&highlight=Enfield

I understand why the WW-II Brits liked them so much - good accuracy, quick bolt action, relatively light, well-balanced, 10-round magazine, and great sights (micrometer).

I do suck at pics but here's a couple of my Savage. I just put it all back together. Not too much cosmo but enough to make it messy along with the crusd that was packed in it. I de-cosmo'ed the stock and put 6 coats of Behr's 600 on it. It looks a lot better in person.
It was built in '43. The bore truly is something, nice. 2 groove.
savage.jpg

savusprop.jpg

savageser.jpg

Al, when Dr's appt's allow, call me to meet you at the club with my digital camera and I'll take some for you to show everyone who's hyperventilating here. [wink] [laugh]

I really need to get off my ass and figure out how to use my new camera and ditch the old Sony Mavica. Its only good for close up shots like the second pic.
Anyway, heres mine I got this past summer. Its near mint, matching, with Savage parts. Probably one of my best shooting milsurps. The scuff thats visible in the second shot is the only mark on the entire rifle. Other than that the stock has amazing figure and grain.
Best of all these beauties are back in Mass where they were born. [smile]

7d3f4272.jpg

d11b8a33.jpg

The Sheriff got some U.S. Property Today

Hi guys!! im glad everyone is as excited as i am! but i dont have the know-how to put Pic,s on this thing?? i have all i can do to get E-Mail and on
this Forum, But the one i got sounds like the description that Jon J just
wrote down to a "T" everything has savage marks Magazine/Bands/Bayo,
everything!! Bright shiny bore, clean wood, some handleing Marks and scraches, but thats about it, i am tickled pink! i hope everyone can grab
one of these before there gone.! these" lend-Lease "guns are a real piece
of WWII History, (Cuz they were Made in the U.S.A.)
to date i have that one( U.S. Made/British Made/Australian Made/India Made/)
IT DONT GET NO-BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!!!

Take Care Sheriff Dudley

PS, anyone going to the Marlboro Show Sat ??

Sounds good, Al. Make sure you take Lynne up on her offer so we can these beauties you've been gathering up.
My bayo was scrubbed by looks of it. No mark on it[sad] I think these Savages made their way home via a stop over in Turkey.
My wife and I are planning on making it up to Marlborough on Saturday. I'm hoping to get a sling for the Savage and maybe I can find a correct bayo too.

sheriff dudley said:
Hi guys!! im glad everyone is as excited as i am! but i dont have the know-how to put Pic,s on this thing??

Al...when can you meet me at the club? I can take care of the pics for ya. [wink]

The Sheriff got some U.S. Property, today

I will be there on Saterday and have a Blue Haverhill Hound R&G Club Hat on
like i always say " Wimmin love ya with a HAT-ON " wooops sorry Lynne!

S.D.

sheriff dudley said:
I will be there on Saterday and have a Blue Haverhill Hound R&G Club Hat on
like i always say " Wimmin love ya with a HAT-ON " wooops sorry Lynne!

S.D.
[rofl]

Nice congrats!!!!

Get these britt's while we still can a short time ago there was none to be seen. I'm just not sure how long the supply will last. The russian mosin m38's and m91/59's showed up a short time ago too. The m59's are just about gone now.

Back
Top Bottom