The really sad part about this so-called election

Is the ballot. I went in to vote this afternoon. With the exception of Governor's race, US Senate and one or two other races, all the rest were uncontested with only a democrat or a green party listed. In keeping with my life-time policy of never-ever knowingly voting for a democrat, I had to abstain from most of the races.

This truly is going to be a one-party, one opinion state. I truly wish I was in a position to leave but I can't.

Have a nice evening

Have you considered running for local office? Sure, you might not win, but if you make a reasoned argument you might be successful in getting the issues you represent (or want to debate) into the limelight for other candidates to discuss. Then, people might realize they're retarded, and vote for you instead [smile]

Is the ballot. I went in to vote this afternoon. With the exception of Governor's race, US Senate and one or two other races, all the rest were uncontested with only a democrat or a green party listed. In keeping with my life-time policy of never-ever knowingly voting for a democrat, I had to abstain from most of the races.

This truly is going to be a one-party, one opinion state. I truly wish I was in a position to leave but I can't.

Have a nice evening

I totally agree, I abstained on most of them also. I'll be leaving shortly and not returning of my own free will.

Have you considered running for local office? Sure, you might not win, but if you make a reasoned argument you might be successful in getting the issues you represent (or want to debate) into the limelight for other candidates to discuss. Then, people might realize they're retarded, and vote for you instead [smile]

Well,

I don't wish to throw mud on your arguement but there are so many forces
working against an individual even at the "local office level" that one must
be able to devote themselves full time to seek anything greater than TMM,
and even that is so 'neighborly' that it takes an inordinate amount of
uncompensated time or a lengthy residence to make the 'connections'
necessary to achieve office. I haven't yet met the NESer who was
wealthy enough to be able to devote the 'unpaid' time to do this. Am
I running with the wrong crowd? Who are all the rich NESers that I
haven't met?[smile]

TBP

In order to effect change you MUST write in your candidate and donate your time towards a grassroots campaign. Complaining and moving away rather than fighting for your cause only solidifies the system you are fighting against, because eventually there is no opposition.

You want to read something really sad?

Check out the "Poll Watchers" picks in the Boston Globe for Presidential choices in '08...

I know this state has a left-leaning voter base, but the number of Clinton and Obama supporters is mind numbing.

This state isn't in the shitter... it's already been flushed and headed for the sewerage treatment plant.

www.boston.com/news/local/politics/candidates/articles/2006/11/06/pollwatcher_results/

I don't know if it's just the location, but I noticed a few vans with some handicapped people at my polling place. I don't mean to be insensitive, but the caretaker was the one filling out the ballot, not even asking the "voter" who they choose.

Also, there was a GIANT sign on the door stating that ballots are now available in VIETNAMESE. What the heck. It's bad enough that they have bi-lingual ballots that gave me a headache while trying to read the questions, but now more languages are available?

(getting off the soapbox)

Have a nice evening

+1. In a couple of cases, there was NO opponent listed, not even a Green Commie or whatever. One of which I actually voted for. In one case I wrote in a friend's name for regional voc-tech school committee. He actually was on the committee at one time, but that's another story. In another case, I wrote in his dogs name. She's really cute and would do a good job. In the other unopposed race, I wrote in one of my cat's names.

I voted for ONE Democrat. DeNucci for Auditor. Other than that, I voted against the Democrat in every case.

Well, at least it felt good.

Gary

Have a nice evening

Saddest part is , Marty Meehan ran unopposed , a few days before election I looked up his voting record , It only went back to august , But the weasel hasnt voted on 1 damn thing since then. Why should he? He knew he would get reelected anyways.

Didja notice that since the Dems won everything, there were no 'voter irregularities' or 'disenfranchisement' ?

The only b*tching I heard about was a polling place (I forget where it was) ran out of ballots and they had to wait 2 hours before more came in. Funny how all those new fangled machines seemed to work perfectly the first time when everyone was worrying about how badly they'd perform. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom