The rascal match rifle

mac1911

NES Member
So in the winter months I usually pick a group of items to work on. Often its air guns as air guns are my easiest go to for indoor practice.
Well this year I'm going through the 22s
So far the ErmaWerkes EM1 22lr carbine got a 80s vintage scope and rings
The Glenfield 25 got a trigger job and a go through that's been put off for many years.

NEXT: The pink match rifle. Savage Rascal , I put match sights on it for my daughter a while back but yet to sit down and try some good ammo and see what it can do.
I installed these match sights not very hard to do. Just DT'd the received for the match sight base using the esisting sight screw hole. The front sight is just a dove tail so a dove tailed globe sight up front. The barrel channel was hitting a few spots, fixed that. Torqued action screws to 20" lbs over a year ago and have not come loose....more to come

here is the bore with about 200 rounds through it mostly just random bulk I have in the bunker. will give it a good cleaning before I begin

UPDATE 12/26 So at :49 you can see a "ring" around the bore. Not sure why it developed? I gave it a good soak with kroil and when I put a patch it stopped right at the ring. Pushing it through I felt the crud break free and out came nice pieces of lead on the patch. I gave it a little cleaning with rem 40x bore cleaner it does a good job IMHO. I put the camera down through it again and I can still "see" where the ring was but I don't feel it running a patch through so I hope it was just a little machine marks that caught some lead.? I will finish cleaning it up and give it a test soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom