The M1 Carbine for self defense

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
SHOOTERS SEEKING A HIGH-PERFORMANCE TACTICAL CARBINE WITHOUT A HIGH-TECH PRICE TAG ARE REDISCOVERING THIS VERSATILE, VINTAGE FIREARM.

Police agencies and armed citizens need a good long arm to supplement their handgun for defensive purposes. There are very few situations where a person is better off defending himself with a handgun than a good long gun, if the latter is available.

Here the definition of long gun is a shoulder-fired weapon like a rifle, carbine, submachine gun, assault rifle or shotgun. There is a readily available, often overlooked long gun that is superb for this purpose that can out-perform most of its high-tech, expensive competition -- the M1 carbine.............................

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_6_47/ai_74033105

Boy is that article wrong. Everyone knows that a .30 carbine won't even go thru winter clothing ! [smile] [smile]

Last edited:
I love my Carbine. It's also the rifle of choice for my wife when it comes to shooting. It's light, handy and relatively powerful with very manageable recoil. Its simplicity of operation and 15 or 30 round capabilities makes it hard to beat whether you're talking defense or plinking

I like that they are coming out with modern accessories for the M1C. I personally won't alter the one I have, it is after all a family hand-me-down, but I would consider buying a CMP one to alter...

Adam

I like that they are coming out with modern accessories for the M1C. I personally won't alter the one I have, it is after all a family hand-me-down, but I would consider buying a CMP one to alter...

Adam

I wouldn't mind going for the handguard. It looks like a 30 second drop in that's easily replaced.

For self defence its the Russian Izhmash Saiga Sporter 16" barrel in 308win. thats hard to beat for $350 now. I paid only $307 OTD a few years ago. Its an brand new russian izhmash AK47 in a sporter wrapper, battle proven in any weather and very accurate too.

For self defence its the Russian Izhmash Saiga Sporter 16" barrel in 308win. thats hard to beat for $350 now. I paid only $307 OTD a few years ago. Its an brand new russian izhmash AK47 in a sporter wrapper, battle proven in any weather and very accurate too.
Got a link?

Got a link?

Sure its; www.raacfirearms.com

My local dealer a while back had the 22" and 16" barreled saiga sporters in 308win and the 16" barreled saiga in 223. I went there a while back and he had the skeleton stock saiga sporters in 308win. I should of grabbed one of those too right now he has none left. The saiga sporter with the skeleton stock with the 16" barrel is shorter on the overall length than the regular sporter stock.

Back
Top Bottom