The Happy Hunter

My first thread posting from an iPhone - let alone doing 75mph with Clinotus at the wheel.... [grin]

We were tooling along the pike when we came across the following photo - A kickass buck - again, not too shabby for a phone above highway speeds. As we passed the guy, Clinotus beeped and we both gave him the thumbs up! When he looked over and noticed us, he was beaming. We could only imagine some of the horrified looks this guy was getting, as he tooled through traffic, but not from us. It was nice to see signs of life in Massachusetts.

b8a93bf0.jpg

Keep the iphone, I want the buck.[smile]

Hey Don, slow down.[laugh]

Anybody transporting a deer like that should wrap it in some sort of cover, the road grime will collect on it in a hurry. Waste of meat and the taxidermist won't have as much dirt and oil to deal with.

Last edited:
Anybody transporting a deer like that should wrap it in some sort of cover, the road grime will collect on it in a hurry. Waste of meat and the taxidermist won't have as much dirt and oil to deal with.

I was thinking the exact same thing.
This photo is a classic textbook example of how NOT to transport a deer.
It's being carried, unwrapped, in the worst possible location for dirt, road grime, oil and exhaust fumes to collect and contaminate the meat.

What gen do you have Mark? I have a 3G but I don't think it takes pictures that well ;)

I have the 32gig 3GS. It has a superb camera and the video is top notch - especially for a phone...

We're not doing 75 anymore - it's snowing like a bitch up here... We be a crawlin home...

I never had a hitch rack like that, but used to lash my deer yo the trunk of my 67 Town Car. I must have been lucky, as they were always tasty....

I always like to give the horn toot and thumbs up......I hunt in NY an see lots of bumper bucks on the road. Nice to acknowledge someone's success.

Keep the iphone, I want the buck.[smile]

Hey Don, slow down.[laugh]

I was using my good knee! I kept a-pressing and the truck kept a-hauling.[smile]

I was thinking the exact same thing.
This photo is a classic textbook example of how NOT to transport a deer.
It's being carried, unwrapped, in the worst possible location for dirt, road grime, oil and exhaust fumes to collect and contaminate the meat.

Zappa, your post is a classic textbook example of someone who doesnt hunt in the state of MA. Its against the law to conceal a carcass, that guy was following the law to the letter. With the dressings out of the wind the deer was fine where it was. Think about how they transport cattle... [wink]

Besides, you guys are missing the [Awesomeness]of the moment.

At 75mph?
Invite me next time!

You know you are always welcome in my home or truck. More so the truck because it helps to balance out the springs. I'd like some extra weight in the back and you'd like some adventure in the life. Win/win.

Romantic weekend getaway. [thinking]
[grin]

This is why I never send you flowers.

I always like to give the horn toot and thumbs up......I hunt in NY an see lots of bumper bucks on the road. Nice to acknowledge someone's success.

You get it!

The moment was really great, we started to pass him, I looked and spotted the impossible. Slowed down then paced him while we took the photo. He had a passenger as well and when we started honking and giving him the thumbs up, he and the passenger matched our ear to ear grins, head nods and thumbs up. Four guys on a highway giddy as school girls. Massachusetts still has a soul sometimes. It really made my day.

You only need to show a leg or antler in Mass due to harassment by antis.[wink]

Awesome indeed.

Awesome! I love it how the guy has a sweet buck in full display for every metrosexual pussy and sally soccer mom to see and get pissed about.

^^^^^Amen brother! [cheers]

He was looking straight ahead - almost seeming reluctant to look over, until Clinotus laid on his horn and we gave him the thumbs up! The Tahoe was full of hunters - some young and they all smiled and hit the classic thumbs up right back! It was awesome...

You only need to show a leg or antler in Mass due to harassment by antis.[wink]

Awesome indeed.

Screw the anti's.
May their shrubberies be eaten to nubs by next years big bucks.

Awesome moment, awesome photo, awesome buck (8 pointer !)

Thanks fer sharin' guys ! [smile]

Back
Top Bottom