The goose hummock refused to transfer an SKS to me. That and the rifle.

I have an update. Their reasoning is not that the gun is actually illegal, although that's what they initially claimed, but waffled when pressed on the issue and realized I wasnt some chump who doesnt know the law. Turns out that this whole escapade is happening because because their boss, the store's owner, says "No semi auto anything from out of state." and that hes so scared of Maura. Long story short, the gun will be shipped to another FFL in the area who I know will transfer it. I will share what shop this is and a few other details once I know for a fact that the rifle has left their possession.
111.gif

I've never understood the concept of "protecting the guilty".

It's not even THAT in this case. The shop has an unpublished local policy that WOULD influence potential customers (to shop elsewhere) which is the reason that it is unpublished.

You're not "outing" the shop if you name them. You're simply stating that X shop stated to you that they have Y policy for Z reason. If that costs them customers (or perhaps GAINS them customers) then that is their business decision.

So what shop is it?

I’d out the shop all over the internet. He’s making up rules he wants to enforce and telling customers they are laws. He’s a piece of shit that deserves to be run out of business. He doesn’t make laws he just makes them up.

While I don’t agree with what he’s doing, it is his own private business. If, for whatever reason, he doesn’t want to accept the risk, even though there doesn’t appear to be any, then that’s his decision. The market will respond as needed.

While I don’t agree with what he’s doing, it is his own private business. If, for whatever reason, he doesn’t want to accept the risk, even though there doesn’t appear to be any, then that’s his decision. The market will respond as needed.

I don't think anybody here has said the shop owner doesn't have a right to set his own policies / risk tolerance.

But let's not be a hypocrite and keep that policy a secret from your customers.

If you won't broker a particular transaction, FINE. Just don't lie by omission about it.

We need an NES-ONLY FFL...

Someone with a regular job and is coming at this, not from the aspect of being an end-all-be-all Gun shop with all the bells and whistles (and overhead) that goes along with running that kind of a business; but a down to earth Angel of a man with altruistic leanings, who would rather see the the Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts go to bed angry,
than see a fellow member, in good standing and the highest repute, not leave that undisclosed location with a rifle/pistol/ammo or magazine that; while legal to own here in Mass, most dealers will shy away from. That man would be hailed "A Saint" and would not only be admired and revered, but would also be showered with quality alcohol and cigars. Maybe a sister or two...

Someone with a regular job and is coming at this, not from the aspect of being an end-all-be-all Gun shop with all the bells and whistles (and overhead) that goes along with running that kind of a business; but a down to earth Angel of a man with altruistic leanings, who would rather see the the Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts go to bed angry,
than see a fellow member, in good standing and the highest repute, not leave that undisclosed location with a rifle/pistol/ammo or magazine that; while legal to own here in Mass, most dealers will shy away from. That man would be hailed "A Saint" and would not only be admired and revered, but would also be showered with quality alcohol and cigars. Maybe a sister or two...
We currently have 41 of those "Saints" here at the Mill in Littleton. Jack.

There are many NES FFLs that understand the LAW versus random AG edicts and other craptastic interpretations and made up shite. @one-eyed Jack is telling you about them every day and there are others about that are similarly enlightened.

I don't think anybody here has said the shop owner doesn't have a right to set his own policies / risk tolerance.

If you won't broker a particular transaction, FINE. Just don't lie by omission about it.

It was worse than a lie by omission, they straight up lied to his face about the reason until he pressed them on it and they saw they couldn't get away with blowing smoke and had to give him the real reason. Having a store policy is fine, publish it and be straight about it and Ill just shop elsewhere and not complain at you about how dumb you are. Lying and causing extra cost and hassles even after saying you would receive it and now I'm looking to make sure everyone knows you are a liar and not worth dealing with.

OP should have outed the offending FFL from the get go. Perhaps someone on the forum would have known the guy and could have contacted him with a 'knock it off' message. Also worry over being vindictive doesn't make sense to me. If having a problem with a dealer, wouldn't there be more leverage if that dealer was disclosed, so that the thread could conclude with 'yeah, he made it right' or 'nope, the turd screwed me'? Additionally, we are not talking about unobtainium here- we're talking about a rifle with availability just a half step away from finding at your local Walmart.

Hope it ends well. I'm just making a point that there's no need to sensitive about giving an ID for the offending dealer.

That I absolutely agree with.

Also if you have a store policy, make it known to your employees so the customer doesn't waste his time and money from the start. If I'm reading right OP actually went in to the shop after ordering but before the rifle shipped to facilitate getting the FFL info to Classic - that's when the asinine "policy" should have been disclosed. Now OP has made 2 additional visits to the shop, plus he has to arrange for another visit (and possibly shipping fees) to the 2nd FFL. I'd be pretty pissed if my time was wasted like that over a derp inducing "policy".

Also the "scared of AG" thing is pretty funny if it's who I think it is.

It was worse than a lie by omission, they straight up lied to his face about the reason until he pressed them on it and they saw they couldn't get away with blowing smoke and had to give him the real reason. Having a store policy is fine, publish it and be straight about it and Ill just shop elsewhere and not complain at you about how dumb you are. Lying and causing extra cost and hassles even after saying you would receive it and now I'm looking to make sure everyone knows you are a liar and not worth dealing with.

Me thinks my reputation doth preceedeth me...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom