The goose hummock refused to transfer an SKS to me. That and the rifle.

there's almost certainly more to the story, which is why OP doesn't want to provide info. the happy part is that I have zero interest in finding out.

I've put fourth my side of the story. I'll learn their side tomorrow and decide what I want to share here based on what happens. Not that you care or anything.

Guns that are NOT "banned" in Mass tend to bore me. It does suck to have to pay for the pre ban stuff. These tales of FFLs who won't do this or that are depressing.

I've put fourth my side of the story. I'll learn their side tomorrow and decide what I want to share here based on what happens. Not that you care or anything.

If it helps, ask if they will transfer to a C&R holder, if they will I can drive down and get it for you, then just transfer to you, no charge, happy to help if I can.

I think the OP did get the OK from the FFL. The issue is that the shop owner / manager let his counter boy tell the customer everything is good to do the transfer. If he now won't do the transfer he should kiss the customer's ass by facilitating a transfer with another FFL (I'm sure he knows one who will do it) and or give the guy some serious store credit. A very badly managed shop in any event.

this.

If you bought it and sent it "blind" to them and they bounced it that's one thing.

If they said they'd do it and then they reneged on it, whole different story, now they've just wasted a shitload of your
time and possibly money (because of the bounce etc and whether or not you have to eat that gun or can get it refunded etc. )

-Mike

Yeah, I agree with this. I have only ever made one on-line purchase. I did mine through four seasons. They actually described how the whole process would be as I set the whole shipping and transfer up before I made the purchase.

They even provided me with all the contact information the out of state dealer would need to send the gun.

When I provided that info. to the out of state FFL they already knew of four seasons and had their info. on file.

It was a pretty smooth transaction thanks to four seasons.

I think the OP did get the OK from the FFL. The issue is that the shop owner / manager let his counter boy tell the customer everything is good to do the transfer. If he now won't do the transfer he should kiss the customer's ass by facilitating a transfer with another FFL (I'm sure he knows one who will do it) and or give the guy some serious store credit. A very badly managed shop in any event.
Piss poor shop. The owner does not have his shit together. He should know better...SKS banned seriously, not even in Canada !

I didn't hear any mention of Walmart greeters or a gang of ruffians.
OP should have cut his losses and just bought whatever "sniper rifle" that other guy's brother bought, then they could have gone to the 1,000 yard range together.

If your down the cape as your signature states .....i think we all could figure out who would pull this shit.
If tbe 5 shops i have been to down over the bridge only one got my DB meter jumping.

I have an update. Their reasoning is not that the gun is actually illegal, although that's what they initially claimed, but waffled when pressed on the issue and realized I wasnt some chump who doesnt know the law. Turns out that this whole escapade is happening because because their boss, the store's owner, says "No semi auto anything from out of state." and that hes so scared of Maura. Long story short, the gun will be shipped to another FFL in the area who I know will transfer it. I will share what shop this is and a few other details once I know for a fact that the rifle has left their possession.

I have an update. Their reasoning is not that the gun is actually illegal, although that's what they initially claimed, but waffled when pressed on the issue and realized I wasnt some chump who doesnt know the law. Turns out that this whole escapade is happening because because their boss, the store's owner, says "No semi auto anything from out of state." and that hes so scared of Maura. Long story short, the gun will be shipped to another FFL in the area who I know will transfer it. I will share what shop this is and a few other details once I know for a fact that the rifle has left their possession.

I was kind of wondering if there was any Healeyphobia involved, but at least you'll be getting your rifle.

Is the unnamed FFL going to hit you up with any transfer or shipping fee for being so gracious?

This isn't limited to Mass if that makes you feel any better.

I live in Virginia. And one time (this was well over 10 years ago) a distributor refused to ship a friend of mine a couple of 30 round mags for his M1 carbine because he was convinced, beyond all shadow of a doubt, that mags over 20 rounds were illegal in Virginia.. [thinking]

Turns out that this whole escapade is happening because because their boss, the store's owner, says "No semi auto anything from out of state." and that hes so scared of Maura.

LHO4EvZ.gif

What a pussy.

That's a bunch of horseshit. f*** this shop.

Back
Top Bottom