• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Devil's Paintbrush

Interesting.

Bullet "art" is not unknown, however.

About a year ago, I found a pefectly splayed .45 round at my range that had hit a hard target dead-square. The copper jacket had "flowered" into a perfectly formed "daisy" flower with the base of the bullet perfectly centered and lead for a nice color difference. Well, I couldn't just leave that there. I took it home, cleaned it up, mounted a jewelry pin on the back, and sprayed the thing with clear lacquer. I then put it into a nice little box and gave it to my wife as a gift. She had no idea what it was but like it all the same. Then I told her what it was and she laughed but still decided to wear it here and there when appropriate.

Every single time she has it on her lapel or sweater she receivers comments about how pretty it is and is asked where she had purchased it. Imagine the reaction when her inquirers were told what it was! [laugh] They are all amazed and fascinated.

Two points for me!

Rome

Anything's art. I leave art in the toilet every morning. I do like the paint job. Almost wish he hadn't shot up the panels.

+1 to Cabinetman. Awesome example of found-art.

Back
Top Bottom