The Citizen's March on Washington for Gun Rights

WHy not do the symbolism cheap - come up with a standardized outline of a Rifle, and cut it out of plywood and paint Blue or Black..

I think having thousands of citizens, marching in formation with these "Rifle symbols" shouldered, would be more impressive looking than barely noticeable "empty holsters",,,,''besides, reinforces the idea "nation of Riflemen"....

I would LOVE to see the look on Chuckie Schumers and Pelosi
s faces viewing this type of Citizen protest...

Perhaps organize this at State level, a start of each State forming their CItizens milita...

noidlight said:
So what you are telling me is it's time for another march?

[this is off-topic for the thread in general, but I want to reply to a reply from a couple days ago, regarding a "march to the State House"]

I made a quick reply, where lots of nuance could be used.

As far a Beacon Hill goes, I surely recommend phone/letter/e-mail to ones Rep and Sen and relavant committee chairmen.

A general march that would not be addressing a specific gun bill, is futile.

The way things happen at the State House is some legislature gets a bug up his ass, and pushes an anti-gun bill. Last time, it was Cheryl Jacques. She had elective office ambition, and needed media coverage and "accomplishments". She seized guns, because here they are easy to demonize and she knew the media would help. The earlier push (which Cheryl adopted) was by Charles Flaherty (who dropped out when convicted of a felony).

Though a majority of legislators in Massachusetts would pass more gun laws, they do know that there is a "price" to pay in aggravation (us). They'd rather not, but do follow the leader when called upon.

Different rules and tactics for US Congress.

I can't see the S&W thread from here behind the Iron Firewall, but I'd be up for this.
Take a day off, call in sick, call in dead - whatever.
I'll call in patriotic. For this, I can take vaca time.
The Accela train costs $87 each way and beats the holy Hell out of navigating airport security and sardine seating.
Accela is a pretty comfortable way to travel. A party on rails. I like it.

Although we'll probably scare the bejezus out of the conductors. Hell, 4 of us eating lunch at Kyoto had the teppanyaki chef nervous when we were just talking about milsurps and ammunition. "What do you guys DO for work?", he said nervously. And this from a guy with a big KNIFE in his hands!!

I can't see the S&W thread from here behind the Iron Firewall, but I'd be up for this.

I'll call in patriotic. For this, I can take vaca time.

Accela is a pretty comfortable way to travel. A party on rails. I like it.

Although we'll probably scare the bejezus out of the conductors. Hell, 4 of us eating lunch at Kyoto had the teppanyaki chef nervous when we were just talking about milsurps and ammunition. "What do you guys DO for work?", he said nervously. And this from a guy with a big KNIFE in his hands!!
[laugh2]
Wish I could make those lunches.

Heck...I've got to burn my saved vacation time by March 31 thanks to new company policy. May as well put it to good use.

If I've got the cash for a train ticket I'm in.

If there are enough folks who cannot afford a train and want to carpool, I can put three others in my car - and I don't mind driving long-haul, either. It's only about 5-6 hours to DC from Metrowest.

Just sayin'.

Back
Top Bottom