The boss said ENOUGH

Enough duck decoys in the front hall.
Enough bow cases in the living room.
Enough rifle cases in the kitchen.
Enough doe urine and deer calls on the dining room table.

I've been tasked with building a "hunting room" in the basement. It's actually going to be more convenient anyway. My home office is too full with hunting/fishing gear, and I'm tired of looking for my duck call under the couch. I get a whole corner, and it won't be anything fancy, but the plans are underway.

Suggestions welcome.

bc1206s-2.jpg

There are a variety of good options for filling the interior...

When I built my last gun room I used wood studs and a steel fire door(obviously not much fire resistance w/wood framing but for security).When I framed the room I used 10 d nails every few inches all the way up and down the studs so noone could reach through if they went through the rock.At the time I didn't have a ton of money for the unexpected room so I made do.I don't how much you plan to spend but just an idea.[smile]

On a more serious note, there is a TON of old cubicle furniture out there for short $$. That is what I used for mine. I put in extra bases under the counter tops for added strength and storage. Also, the lockable drawer units are great for powder and ammo storage. Overhead bins are useful too for storage.

I did have to build bases out of 2x12's to get the counter up to bench hight, but the price was right.

IMG_5984.JPG

Last edited:
I'm fortunate in this regard. I already have an 8' bench with cabinets and drawers, plus my 4' reloading desk. I've already decided on an 8' X 3.5' closet on one end, of steel grate, for a gun closet.

On a more serious note, there is a TON of old cubicle furniture out there for short $$. That is what I used for mine. I put in extra bases under the counter tops for added strength and storage. Also, the lockable drawer units are great for powder and ammo storage. Overhead bins are useful too for storage.

I did have to build bases out of 2x12's to get the counter up to bench hight, but the price was right.

IMG_5984.JPG

*Ahem*. Can we keep it to English here, for those of us who don't read or speak "jive"?

And no, I don't want to see Spanish, either. German ONLY if your screen name is Juergen. the alternate language version of this board is www.northeasthooters.com. [wink]

Matt,
How high is that bench? Also, where'd you get the cubicle furniture? Craigslist? I've just started to keep my eye out for some. Thanks

Bench hight is 36". It is just about right.

As far as where to get it... keep an eye out for companies going out of business. I know there is a building around the corner from me that must have 100 cubes in storage in a building we were considering subleasing.

I've been able to score some good used office type furniture (desks, cubes, conference tables) from Surplus Office Supply in downtown Haverhill. They might be worth checking out.

I've got the benches. I poured some cement Sunday night.Now I need to frame it in. I've decided I'm going to put a 4' x 8' closet on one end.

Back
Top Bottom