The Appleseed Project: Putting “I” Back in Patriot

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
Two years ago, after going through CERT and a bunch of Red Cross Training, I decided it was time to really up my firearms training.

I started with the basics of renewing my Texas CHL (Concealed Handgun License), took some private tactical handgun and rifle lessons with a USSS (United States Secret Service) firearms instructor, took a more intensive 16 Hour tactical handgun course, and did some tactical shotgun training.

Read full article here

Last edited:
Good article.

I have got to get my son and I to an Appleseed Shoot sometime in the near future.

I've got to step up and commit to one of these Appleseed weekenders. Maybe my weekend schedule will lighten up this fall and I can fit it in. [sad2]

Whoa... awesome article, Derek. Thanks for posting it.

I have got to get my son and I to an Appleseed Shoot sometime in the near future.

Harvard has one on August 21-22, October 23-24 and December 11-12 and Leyden Rifle Club has one on September 25-26.

And I still owe you some time to tweak your 10/22 when you want to.

I've got to step up and commit to one of these Appleseed weekenders. Maybe my weekend schedule will lighten up this fall and I can fit it in. [sad2]

See schedule above...

I researched Appleseed only a little before signing up and going. The price was right and they did not seem like tinfoil hat wearing nuts.
happy50.gif
Yeah, we try to leave the tinfoil at home and wear our red Instructor's hats! Seriously, I love the way he put it. I got a good laugh out of it. Like any group, I'm sure that some of our folks have a stash of tinfoil at home - but they know that if they do, they need to leave it there. Appleseed is about the marksmanship and the history - Rev War history. Nothing else.

Here’s the secret, come in close – shhh don’t tell anyone, the rifle instruction is the caramel on the history apple. What that means is that the rifle instruction is a way of getting people to come listen to a history lesson in the hopes of exposing, educating, and if possible, re-awakening American. Specifically they teach the history of the events that started the American Revolution “Three Strikes of The Match”. The history and the underlining ideals of liberty of the Revolutionary War are really what the Appleseed Project is about.
Aww, nuts. He gave away our secret. [laugh]

He's right, too - Appleseed is a history class with a marksmanship component - we bring you in with the marksmanship but we make darn sure that you get to hear what our ancestors went through to secure the liberties that we enjoy today - our hope is that you will then help make sure that we all get to KEEP them.

Appleseeds are being run on a constant basis all over the country.

If you don't find one close to you at a convenient time, there very well may be one in the region at a convenient time and a reasonable distance.

We have them in MA, CT, NH, VT, ME and NY as well as most other states.

Now, if anybody can get a range in RI to hold one at, we'll add that too.

Needs to be confirmed by their Board tomorrow night. I'll post when/if it's a done deal.

Oops... Mansfield is a definite.

So... MA shoots for the rest of the year:

8/21-22 - - Harvard
9/18-19 - - Mansfield
9/25-26 - - Leyden
10/23-24 - - Harvard
12/11-12 - - Harvard

Back
Top Bottom