• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Apex difference.

I've shot stock NYPD guns when I've trained other instructors. I've shot all types of duty guns with triggers that range from amazing to shitty. At a fighting distance (which a majority of shootings occur), the trigger weight has absolutely no impact on combat accuracy if you know how to hold a gun properly.

I had an M&P9 and was going to do the apex kit, but I think the number of choices/options for what to install is kind of daunting. That was my first gun, so I had no idea what each piece was responsible for in the trigger pull. Even now a few years in, I can't confidently say what pieces of the apex kits I want/need and would love to not have to take off the sights.

The apex sear in my MA 9c is smoother than my free state pro series 9L. But the 9L has a lighter pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does the block hold the upper or lower? i have a shield i'm about to attempt the full kit install in...i would certainly be willing to barter for the loan of your block if you're in the vicinity of worcester.
I only used it for the frame. If you Google apex armorer block you can see the details and watch the install videos. We can work out a loan.

Considering an m&p 9c for my next gun. Anyone have the APEX flat faced trigger?

Yes but I wouldn't put the flat faced in a compact pistol unless you are weird and use it for target/competition. Then go for it.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the flat trigger I out in my CORE. Probably because I'm not quite used to it. It certainly has good potential with some more use on my part. I really dislike the trigger safety though. I think I might just glue it or tape it down.

does the block hold the upper or lower? i have a shield i'm about to attempt the full kit install in...i would certainly be willing to barter for the loan of your block if you're in the vicinity of worcester.

All you need is wooden block with a 1/2" hole drilled into it so the pins have a place to fall when you drive them out.

All you need is wooden block with a 1/2" hole drilled into it so the pins have a place to fall when you drive them out.

That's what I did. Worked like a charm

I ended up not using any of the springs or the sear for my gun. Just the trigger.

ed5aaf7a1a1f17b5269a2975b6cb3cca.jpg

2a051de009e06b4ce48bac9707c9e1c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had Mass Firearms do mine. They did it in 5 minutes tops, and it changed the gun. I mean COMPLETELY CHANGED THE GUN. it's a pleasure to shoot now. If you have an M&P just do the DCAEK. Just dive into it. love my M&P now.

I am considering a 9c..... how tricky is APEX install?

Its not hard at all as long as you have the right sized pin punches and keep the sear springs separate so you dont have to call apex and ask which one is the one that came with the kit, because they are right next to each other in the trailer and I'm too dumb to remember which is which.

I had Mass Firearms do mine. They did it in 5 minutes tops, and it changed the gun. I mean COMPLETELY CHANGED THE GUN. it's a pleasure to shoot now. If you have an M&P just do the DCAEK. Just dive into it. love my M&P now.

Any idea how many pounds the trigger pull is with the kit? I'm going to put in DCAEK on my shield and full size 40s and hoping this will get it down around 5.5# (in addition to addressing all the other trigger issues).

Any idea how many pounds the trigger pull is with the kit? I'm going to put in DCAEK on my shield and full size 40s and hoping this will get it down around 5.5# (in addition to addressing all the other trigger issues).
Just put a DCAEK in M&P9 after a couple thousand rounds. Just before the install was about 9.5# now it's @ 6.5#. It's nice.

9C was my first gun and had apex duty/carry kit installed right away before it left the gun shop after watching so many videos about the stock trigger.The gun is awesome but I wanted a slimmer version of it for carry comfort so I bought the shield a couple weeks ago. I didnt have the cash for the trigger install so I have been shooting it with the stock trigger. What a differance, the stock trigger pull sucks. It is way to heavy. It acually has a decent reset but I am having a tough time getting by that initial heavy pull and being acurate with the first round. After that riding trigger reset its great. Definately going to get the kit and have it installed. Got me to wondering though. Why is a mass trigger pull so heavy? It is the dumbest thing..wait no beyonet lug beats it hands down, but Why increase the trigger pull inherently making a gun less acurate/harder to shoot.

I have an M&P9 with a MA-compliant trigger. What about the possibility of acquiring and installing the 49-state S&W OEM parts? Has anyone gone that route? I don't need this to be a race gun with a 3lb trigger but I would like to improve the feel and weight and reduce the trigger pull to what's available on the "free state" version. (And preferably for less than the $75 for an Apex kit.)

What would be the parts that were needed, anyway? The trigger spring and trigger bar, right? Is the sear different?

I picked up a 2014 manufactured M&P9 with a MA Compliant trigger. Very heavy, with long, indistinct reset. I threw an APEX hard sear in and that lightened the trigger pull weight and made the reset shorter and better. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom