• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The 647th Neighbors trees thread

Sorry, too lazy to search.
Fence between properties, neighbors arborvitaes etc have grown so tall and fat on their side of the fence, they are encroaching ~5 feet over and past the fence onto my property. Creates difficulty mowing and dense shade where my grass can't grow/mossy etc.

Is it legal to trim his trees in my "airspace"?
or depends on the town/ call the building inspector/tree warden person?
or "don't be a d!ck and just talk to the neighbor"?

Thanks in advance.
🤓
Next time I walk the dog, I'm going to trim a bunch of arbor vitae hanging over the sidewalk so I don't have to walk in the road. The plan is to throw the clippings under the trees towards the side away from the sidewalk.

I was thinking of hanging a wire dipole antenna from the branch on my neighbor's tree that hangs into my yard. If I am correct he will cut the branch down to piss me off. I was planning on re-attaching it as many times as I can until he cuts all the limbs off my side of the tree. Then when we have another giant storm the tree should blow down onto the new additional to his house.
"We searched and searched through the sand,
and could never find any contraband.
What were you smuggling?"

"Wheelbarrows".

i was just thinking about an issue i had 10+ years ago with my neighbor...not the guy i just mentioned above and his hedges. i took down a tree in my backyard (no, no, professionals did it) after it was hit by lightning and the upper third came down on my truck. there was actually 2 separate trees coming out of one trunk/root system. it was dangerously and precariously leaning towards my neighbors house so being the good guy i am, i wanted to head off a catastrophe so i had the remaining tree removed. the guy went nuts, said i should have consulted with him on the removal because now there was no shade and the morning sun streamed into his kitchen. his wife wasn't happy he said. stupid me, i didn't realize i needed to have a consultation with the guy. yeah, maybe i am a bad neighbor and not the all star i thought i was.

Back
Top Bottom