• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The 1918 'Shotgun Protest'...

I agree and ill try my hardest not to derail it. @enbloc you are a wealth of historical knowledge. Not many people left that remember the final years of ww1. Kidding please do post historical stuff. We love it.

Moderate derailment is necessary in adding clout to any NES thread. Otherwise it’s just discussion, and no one wants that.

No! Don’t derail the shotgun thread! Bad!
View attachment 431601
590 Retrograde. Worthy replica? Or fatty McFatFat chonky boy BS?

Edit- it’s heavy, heavier than a standard 590. I picked one up when I bought my 590 and declared it overpriced steampunk nonsense.
I'd shoot it, but it's no replica...

Another browning design that was amazing. ..and patent sold to winchester.

Can we stop derailing every f***ing thread?

Certainly reaffirms my belief that within a certain distance, shotguns are hard to beat when it comes to looking for a fight stopper.
Shotguns have their advantages and disadvantages. Unfortunately a lot of people ignore one or the other - some seem to think that a shotty is the end-all be-all when it comes to home defense, while others seemingly look at it as practically useless.

Can we stop derailing every f***ing thread?

Shotguns have their advantages and disadvantages. Unfortunately a lot of people ignore one or the other - some seem to think that a shotty is the end-all be-all when it comes to home defense, while others seemingly look at it as practically useless.
Derailed threads is the number one reason i Iog into NES.....

Last edited:
No! Don’t derail the shotgun thread! Bad!
View attachment 431601
590 Retrograde. Worthy replica? Or fatty McFatFat chonky boy BS?

Edit- it’s heavy, heavier than a standard 590. I picked one up when I bought my 590 and declared it overpriced steampunk nonsense.

I want some of that "nonsense". That 590 Retrograde is difficult to find.

53 posts and no one has said TRENCH BROOM yet???

Lightweights.

It was a great close quarters firearm. Better than going trench-expedient-stabby-weapon to trench-expedient-stabby-weapon. Slam firing is overrated and is NOT smooth in most cases. Better to close then fire.

53 posts and no one has said TRENCH BROOM yet???

Lightweights.

It was a great close quarters firearm. Better than going trench-expedient-stabby-weapon to trench-expedient-stabby-weapon. Slam firing is overrated and is NOT smooth in most cases. Better to close then fire.
But ooooohhhhhhhhh, slamfiring is SO much fun.
Boston PD still had leftovers from WW1 in the 1960's. The fun fact is the '97 would slam fire if you held the trigger back. I shot one when I was about 12 at Moon Island.
Still does! The '97 I've got was made in the 1950s and they still didn't make it with a disconnect. The Norinco copies do the same.

I have a '97 (from '09) but it has the full length barrel. It's a takedown. One of these days I'll get it chopped - they made so many of them and it's not like it's unfired or anything.

If any of you get a chance to handle one for the first time just watch out for that slide coming back or it'll bite you. As far as I can tell you only get bitten by it once though. [smile]

(not mine)
1609884659328.png

I have a '97 (from '09) but it has the full length barrel. It's a takedown. One of these days I'll get it chopped - they made so many of them and it's not like it's unfired or anything.

If any of you get a chance to handle one for the first time just watch out for that slide coming back or it'll bite you. As far as I can tell you only get bitten by it once though. [smile]

(not mine)
View attachment 431876

I was afraid of that too, but to be honest it's never bitten me yet.

Back
Top Bottom