• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

That deadly "semiautomatic" Springfield '03

That is the stupidest piece of garbage I've read since forever.

OK, that's a little hyperbolic, but not much.

It reads like a 4th grader wrote it.

They forgot sticks and stones. Lethality index 100 quadrillion.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That is the stupidest piece of garbage I've read since forever.

OK, that's a little hyperbolic, but not much.

It reads like a 4th grader wrote it.

Writing has totally gone down the tubes...almost all the articles I've read on news sites in the past five years seem like they were written by sixth grade students.

What sucks most about that article is that people who know nothing about the topic will read it and think they've learned something.

'Semiautomatic'.....lol. I feel like I just lost a few brain cells. You would think CNET could at least do some Wikipedia research at the very least....jeez

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Shouldn't the 19 The deadliest weapons on Earth just be the 19 largest nukes?

I'm surprise they didn't get cute and make Global Warming #1, and the Second Amendment#2.

The deadliest weapon in the world is using the wrong gender pronoun without a trigger warning.

600 yds was short range in WW1? LOl ok

LOL. WWII, but still YEAH! As opposed to them crazy M1 Geee-randz that shot accurately out to 4,000 yards. [rofl]

'Semiautomatic'.....lol. I feel like I just lost a few brain cells. You would think CNET could at least do some Wikipedia research at the very least....jeez

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

5 round clipmagazine per minute rounds deadly bulletbutton.

Honestly. At least they said "all assault rifles are capable of select fire"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

But, it has a five-round clipazine! That makes it semi-automatic, right?

Assault Rifle:
All assault rifles are capable of selective fire, are reloaded via detachable magazines and have an effective range of at least 330 yards.

So, belt-feds need not apply?

Last edited:
600 yds was short range in WW1? LOl ok

The article or caption with the photo said that the 600-yard limitation range continued throughout WWII. After Googling this, even Wikipedia says the same thing. However, the short range had nothing to do with the rifle/cartridge; it was apparently a limitation wrt using a crappy scope on it according to Wikipedia.

By some accounts, the M1903A4 was inadequate as a sniper rifle. The M1903A4 was a relatively accurate rifle with an effective range of about 600 yards (550m). These limitations on long range targeting were due to the limited field of view present in both the M73 and M73B1 scopes. From its adoption in 1943 until the end of the war it was used extensively in every theater of operation by both the US Army and the USMC.[SUP][22][/SUP] The Weaver scopes (later standardized as the M73 and M73B1) were not only low-powered in magnification, they were not waterproofed, and frequently fogged over or became waterlogged during humidity changes. In addition, the M81/82 optional scopes also had significant flaws. They most notably had less power (2.2x vs. 2.75x) and, like the other scopes on the M1903A4, had serious issues with the field of view.[SUP][13][/SUP][SUP][22][/SUP][SUP][23]
[/SUP]

Come on we all know the range heroes who pulled off a 1200yd shot standing and hit a quarter with O3 springfield , besides they have a nifty self destruct device that detonates the receiver if your about to be captured. As for the crappy scopes you only need 2.5x power for 1500yds anyways. This is all true i read it on the interwebs.

Come on we all know the range heroes who pulled off a 1200yd shot standing and hit a quarter with O3 springfield , besides they have a nifty self destruct device that detonates the receiver if your about to be captured. As for the crappy scopes you only need 2.5x power for 1500yds anyways. This is all true i read it on the interwebs.

I don't make the news; I only report it as Wilki wrote it. [laugh]

Proof that distances have gotten shorter in warfare. In WWI you had to be prepared to engage at 2,000 yards as a rifleman.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom