• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

thanks-all set

mrmags

Banned
If i buy a stripped unregistered lower, built it up with a pistol buffer, and registered the lower as a pistol. can i do this? And put a 7.5 or 10.5 upper on it? Is this legal in Mass or am i way off?
thanks

Last edited:
You won't get it below the required weight.

A semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
1. An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip
2. A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer
4. Manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol in unloaded
5. A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm

The other choise is to have a 'fixed magazine'. The only problem with that is that no one in Mass has ever defined what a 'fixed magazine' is so its all about your level of comfort with legal issues.

you could also take out the gas system and make it non-semi auto. you would have to cylce the weapon manualy each shot but it would be 100% legal...

You won't get it below the required weight.

A semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
1. An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip
2. A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer
4. Manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol in unloaded
5. A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm

You can do it . But you basically need to make it a Swiss cheese lower . Or use a bushmaster carbon parts .

What about polymer. It's not like it needs to be indistructable...... go with an 80% polly lower that way you can just cut pieces off if you need to. But it's always going to look stupid In MA because you can't have a handguard on it. Atlas that's my understanding someone else can clarify.

Im waiting for my tax stamp. Just filed a week ago. Im building a 300 blkout 10.5. But i also wanted a pistol 556. Seems like alot of work. Im just goingto have to donaye another $200 to uncle sam and ask his permission again.

Dont be a pu55y and ask the goverment for permision and pay an extra $200 tax... OR just do it in a way to bypass all the messed up rules... OR just do it and STFup...

Ha, glad I'm not the only who saw irony in someone saying "don't be a pussy" in the same sentence as "you should pay the government a bullshit fee for no reason to own a firearm you should be able to own anyway."

Ha, glad I'm not the only who saw irony in someone saying "don't be a pussy" in the same sentence as "you should pay the government a bullshit fee for no reason to own a firearm you should be able to own anyway."

Yup. So much irony that it was painful to read.

only way I'd do a at pistol is of it was a build with out the buffer system .
tumblr_lujjjs22Kr1r4gei2o1_400.gif

Im waiting for my tax stamp. Just filed a week ago. Im building a 300 blkout 10.5. But i also wanted a pistol 556. Seems like alot of work. Im just goingto have to donaye another $200 to uncle sam and ask his permission again.

Couldnt you have listed down multiple calibers on the sbr form and just buy another upper?

Back
Top Bottom