Tech sights+ bull barrel 10/22 = ugly front sight adaptor. Ive got something to help

dcmdon

NES Member
If you have a bull bbl 10/22 and want to use tech sights you use this loctite on slip fit adaptor. Its parkerized and looks crappy on a typically blued bbl.

Well, I was reading the other day that parkerization was originally developed as a pre-process to bluing to increase the metal's ability to hold oil. So you can blue over parkerization.

So I gave it a try. I used some simple Birchwood Casey cold blue on the adaptor and it took it very well. Now my ugly adaptor is at least the same color as the bbl.

Its not great, but its much better.

I'll second the pic request. I'm getting ready to order one of those and I'm thinking about duracoating it to match my matte black whistle pig barrel.

Here it is. I wish I had taken a before picture. Obviously the texture is all wrong, but at least the color is much closer.
I think if I removed it and buffed it out nicely on my 3/4 hp wheel then brushed it with 000 steel wool, it would match the finish of my Shillen bbl.

DSC_4209.jpg

Back
Top Bottom