• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Teasing myself again, 300 blackout SBR build parts list

Going to the local PD tomorrow and hoping the chief signs off on my SBR so I can start the waiting game. I'll start putting some parts on the Christmas list if I get his approval, however.

I bought a pre-ban lower for my main AR, so now I have this other built AR lower that is just screaming to be built into an SBR.

So here's my parts list, for shit's and giggles. Obviously if the chief doesn't sign off, the lower hangs out in the safe indefinitely and none of this gets bought.

Lower (what I have in bold)
1.AXTS A-Dac-f ambi bolt catch lower
2. Spikes battle trigger

3. Magpul rubber overmold pistol grip
4. Noveske ambi short-throw safety
5. LWRC UCIW micro stock/buffer set (will be pinned until I eventually move)
6. Magpul ASAP plate

Upper
1. "Mil-spec" upper receiver from somewhere
2. "Mil-spec" bolt carrier group from somewhere
3. BCM gunfighter charging handle mod 4
4. Diamondhead front/rear buis
5. No optic for now, possibly eventually a T1/H1
6. Rainier select block oxide 8.5" 300 blackout barrel with taper pinned gas block
7. Midwest industries Gen 2 SS 7" rail system (wicked light, have one on the AR10)
8. Rainier Mini-comp or thread protector and FH once I move out of MA

In the end it should look something like this, but in 300 blackout
https://www.lwrci.com/p-333-m68-uciw.aspx

Thoughts?

Mike

Dropped off the form 1s at the PD today and met with the chief. He wants to run a background check and told me to come by tomorrow so I could get fingerprinted for the app. So its looking good.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I'd go with the Hogue grip before the MagPul grip.

I would get a CTR stock setup using normal carbine parts inside. We've used the standard carbine spring and buffer in our 300 Blackout pistols with both an 8.1" and 10.5" barrels with great results. Since you'll be leaving the stupid MA restrictions behind at some point, better to have a nicer stock than to need to replace it later. I've used other stocks, but now that I have a CTR on my carbine, I won't go with anything else. With the thicker pad on it (from MagPul) it's really nice.

You're getting a low profile gas block, right?? Assume that's a FF rail system (didn't look it up).

This isn't my first AR rodeo.

The LWRC UCIW is basically a micro stock. The tube and stock and buffer are a couple inches shorter. Itll be pinned unless/until I move out of state.

I usually use ergo suregrips but I liked my buddies rubber overmold magpul one.

It is a free float rail, I think it's like 8 ounces with the barrel nut. The barrel will be ordered with a taper pinned low pro gas block.

I'm trying to keep weight down. I plan on mounting either a vfg or afg2 directly to the tube with the screws supplied for rail sections to save a couple ounces. I'd like a lightweight barrel but I'v heard they already are with the bigger bore diameter.

Mike

I ordered a Rainer Arms 8.5" 300blk barrel from AIM surplus a few weeks back. Fast shipping, and they still look to have them in stock, if Rainer themselves don't have them in stock, or you don't want to order from them.

I also just paid for my 762-SDN-6 a few days ago, dats gon' be fun. [smile]

I've got plenty of waiting to do. May wait until shot to see if any new cool stuff comes out. No supressor unfortunately.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom