• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tax Free Weekend

Got my dad a new grill set up. He just finished a major kitchen remodel and added a deck but had no grill. Not a huge savings but still a bit of a win.

S&W M&P 15 Sport and a S&W 1911. Man talk about an impulse buy.

Hey Maxpower, I just picked up those same 2 guns about 3 weeks before finding out about the up coming tax free weekend....oh well. I guess I made up for it by picking up about $300 worth of ammo at Walmart this weekend! Should last me about a week or so[wink]

J

Dehumidifier. Nightstand for my sons' room. 4 tires for the wife's car. Misc wife kitchen stuff. A few boxes of things that go bang. And yes, one thing that makes that stuff go bang. Does the state realize that people DON'T buy things for a few weeks leading up to tax free weekend?

My wife decided we needed 4K worth of dead cow (new leather furniture) to celebrate this wonderful State 'allowing' us to skip tax and save a whopping $250. Seems worth it...[thinking]

Toaster oven, rice cooker, silverware, odds and ends for a new apartment. Was going to buy them anyways... just 2 weeks 'til I move in! No gun related items sadly.

Interesting shopping day on Sunday (already bought a freezer on Saturday via web).

Finally moving to smartphones (2) and upgrading our plan with Sprint. Sprint company store is selling the particular phone for $200 each (after all rebates) and wouldn't/can't match Amazon Wireless ($100). But the sales rep told me that they aren't allowed to match or come close to prices at BestBuy (Ugh, hate them), etc. So we go to BB, they sell the phone for $100 . . . OK, but they quote a 3 hour wait for an "appointment" and we had somewhere we wanted to be in the evening so we leave. We stop in the Sprint store (3rd party reseller) at Patriot Place and they sell it at $130, we ask if they will price match BB at $100 and they look up BB online and it sells online for $50!! They'll match the $50 price. BUT, they have none of that model in stock at the store and their computer system won't allow them to enter a sale w/o an ESN (to take advantage of the sales tax holiday). So they order the phones and I'll have to pay sales tax (they tell me on the full retail price of $449) when they come in but it still ends up only ~$78/phone. Still not a bad deal.

Paid for a S&W M&P 15 Sport (Blue Northern didn't have any in stock, so it's on backorder).

Back
Top Bottom