Tax Free Weekend Plans

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98%
48   1   0
No real shopping and besides we now have a NH address. Went to the Londonderry F&G pig roast and raptor show yesterday and pigged out.

Not shopping today either.

swatgig

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Chained together with 999 of my associates at the
I bough a pair of windshield wiper blades yesterday. I saved $0.80.

Some time between 2003 and 2009, the Commonwealth decided to charge sales tax on beer. I got a call from a Beer and Wine store who had inherited a point of sale package I had written in 1987, and asked me to change it to charge sales tax on beer. I told him I'd modify it for a keg of Guinness. It took me a few hours to review the code to remember what it was doing, but inserted a line of code to charge sales tax on beer after the effective date. He was annoyed when he learned a keg of Guinness was almost $200. I still think I let him off cheap.

A few months later, the sales tax on beer was rescinded. I drove by the place and saw that there was a barber shop there. I was homing for another keg.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

BigAl23

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Aren't gun safes tax exempt?
Didn't know that.....you're right
Oh well, saved $20 anyway

funny thing, Channel 5 news said that guns were exempt from the free tax weekend on their newscast Friday night. Guess they don't know what they were talking about. Another Anti -gun station?

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Didn't know that.....you're right
Oh well, saved $20 anyway

funny thing, Channel 5 news said that guns were exempt from the free tax weekend on their newscast Friday night. Guess they don't know what they were talking about. Another Anti -gun station?
Well it is Channel 5.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98%
48   1   0
Aren't gun safes tax exempt?
Not necessarily at BJ's, they seem to have their own version of Mass Sales Tax Laws!

A year or two ago I was charged sales tax on wine, when I complained the manager apparently told the customer service person that only "some wines" were sales tax exempt. It was the last time I bought wine in a MA BJ's.

I've seen prior posts where people were charged sales tax on safes at BJ's and a couple of other stores. My scathing review of Law Enforcement Supply (Waltham) was about a $160 gun safe that he charged me sales tax on and when handed a copy of the TIR exempting gun safes he still denied it.

I was charged sales tax on a US Flag at Wal-Mart and when I complained to Corporate with a copy of the Mass Sales Tax exemption their legal department responded that it didn't apply to their sales of US Flags. Last time I bought a flag at a Wal-Mart! [This was many years ago now.]

There are certainly some scummy stores out there.

Top Bottom