Taurus vs S&W 22LR Revolvers

Hi, I hope to purchase my 1st handgun and have decided on a 22LR revolver. Should I stick with a S&W or consider a less expensive Taurus Tracker Revolver. I plan on using only for target shooting. Thanks

I agree. Get the Smith - M 17 if you like blue (discontinued in 1995, so used only), 617 if you lean toward stainless - both successors to the legendary K-22 Masterpiece. Unless you're in a hurry, look for a good used specimen and it'll always be worth what you paid for it, and likely more.

The Boston Patriot has a very nice 17 in the NES Classifieds at the moment.

If you want a kit gun, the S&W 317 is pretty nice, too. I'd have bought that but I wanted a 10-shot. Still might buy a 317 someday, though.

S&W K-22. They call them "Masterpiece" for a reason[smile]

attachment.php

I'm by no means a S&W person but would definately choose one over the eqivilant Taurus. That Brazilian stuff has ben having too mnay QC issues from reading the different forums.

I'm not sure of your location Bill, but good luck even finding a Taurus if you're in Mass.

That's not a bad thing though. The S&W Model 17 (a.k.a. the K-22 Masterpiece) is the finest .22 revolver ever made. The Boston Patriot is selling a nice one in the classifieds too.

Back
Top Bottom