• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taurus TX 22 Review

Shooting Supply In Westport has them for $499.
They actually have the TX22 Competition SCR model for $499. It comes with the Tamdomkross extractor and compensator.
I picked mine up the first day they had them. Put over 400 rounds through it today without a hiccup.

Pretty good sights. Big upgrade from the cheap plastic factory rear sight lol.
I guess my only gripe is the height of the sights. Looks kinda goofy. But they are suppressor height sights so. Something I’ll never get to utilize😔

Got it zeroed real quick today at the range. Nice to be able to adjust for elevation now. View attachment 527500

I couldn't do it. The Lakeline fixed sights were hitting about 3 inches low so I bit the bullet and bought the Eagle Eye sights. I put them on and sighted it in, but after looking at them again, I just couldn't take looking at that profile, so I pulled them off and put the lakelines back on. I ended up ordering 3 different sights on eBay, I figure between them all, there will have to be a combination that hits where I want them too!

I couldn't do it. The Lakeline fixed sights were hitting about 3 inches low so I bit the bullet and bought the Eagle Eye sights. I put them on and sighted it in, but after looking at them again, I just couldn't take looking at that profile, so I pulled them off and put the lakelines back on. I ended up ordering 3 different sights on eBay, I figure between them all, there will have to be a combination that hits where I want them too!
Yeah I don't like the height either. But they seem to be the only adjustable sights available.

Keep us posted on the front sights and POI.

Making good guns apparently. What's your personal experience? My wife has a Spectrum .380 that I kinda like too. Has not malfunctioned once in maybe 300 rounds. Not fun to shoot however, hence the low round count.

I had an 85 in the late 90s that was a great gun. Steel, with excellent deep, dark blueing. Ate .38 +P like it was candy, I really wish I hadn't sold that one.

I looked up the TX22, and they look like a really cool gun. The TORO competition model looks like a hoot!

Last edited:
View attachment 353275
I'd be happy to plunk down $400 for a Glock 44 if it had a threaded barrel, 16 rounds, a nice trigger and actually cycled .22 [rofl]
The GLOCK 44 (.22LR) is a complete fail in my book. I have fired (3) all were way too ammo finicky!
My RUGER'S (2) 10/22's, (1) MKIV Competition, (1) MKIV 22/45 LITE, (1) LCP2-22 and (1) Wrangler Birdshead are all NOT ammo finicky.

I have not got a chance to shoot the Taurus TX22 "yet". If and when I do I may buy one.
Personally there's no such thing as having too many .22LR's

The GLOCK 44 (.22LR) is a complete fail in my book. I have fired (3) all were way too ammo finicky!
My RUGER'S (2) 10/22's, (1) MKIV Competition, (1) MKIV 22/45 LITE, (1) LCP2-22 and (1) Wrangler Birdshead are all NOT ammo finicky.

I have not got a chance to shoot the Taurus TX22 "yet". If and when I do I may buy one.
Personally there's no such thing as having too many .22LR's
Birdshead wrangler?!!!??!! Who are you, sweet Dee!!!

View attachment 734461

I bought the Ruger Wrangler Talo edition with walnut grips and a birdshead grip
Huh. Kinda cute. My brother has the regular version….pretty slick little single action. I like the regular but that don’t look bad!! Shorter barrel too it looks like??

The wrangler is nicer than my rough rider but not much different.

Anyways, still looking for an in-stock tx22 to put my 22/45 to shame….mostly on mag capacity but we shall see. I don’t want to pay for the tx22 what I paid for the 22/45 lite….

Huh. Kinda cute. My brother has the regular version….pretty slick little single action. I like the regular but that don’t look bad!! Shorter barrel too it looks like??

The wrangler is nicer than my rough rider but not much different.

Anyways, still looking for an in-stock tx22 to put my 22/45 to shame….mostly on mag capacity but we shall see. I don’t want to pay for the tx22 what I paid for the 22/45 lite….
IMG-3248.jpg

Yeah it's a 3.75" barrel. For around $60-$70 more than the regular RUGER Wrangler; it came with the wood grips and holster.

I too will likely pick up a Taurus TX22. But I doubt the TX22 will compete with my Ruger 22/45 LITE. I'm a .22LR addict.

View attachment 734480

Yeah it's a 3.75" barrel. For around $60-$70 more than the regular RUGER Wrangler; it came with the wood grips and holster.

I too will likely pick up a Taurus TX22. But I doubt the TX22 will compete with my Ruger 22/45 LITE. I'm a .22LR addict.
Oh my, yours makes mine look homely!!

Back
Top Bottom