• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taurus TX 22 Review

TX22 competition uppers in stock
Damn you Andrew!
Nope, I'm not going to do it. I actually like my "classic" TX22 too much to change it. I ran about 400 rounds through it yesterday with zero issues.
I'm just going to exercise restraint and hold out for one of the new TX22 Competition SCR models and pick one up to complement my Classic model. I'd rather have a pair then one frame and two uppers.

Damn you Andrew!
Nope, I'm not going to do it. I actually like my "classic" TX22 too much to change it. I ran about 400 rounds through it yesterday with zero issues.
I'm just going to exercise restraint and hold out for one of the new TX22 Competition SCR models and pick one up to complement my Classic model. I'd rather have a pair then one frame and two uppers.
LOL. They’re cheap enough to buy a complete gun. I’m satisfied with my standard model.

LOL. They’re cheap enough to buy a complete gun. I’m satisfied with my standard model.
Yes they are. My original plan was to buy the classic and then just the competition upper when I could. I figured I would install the competition upper and never go back to the classic. But now I like it too much, and it makes an excellent “trainer” pistol for new shooters. This damn gun is going to make me go out and buy a 2nd dueling tree or plate rack just to have more steel to shoot at.

This damn gun is going to make me go out and buy a 2nd dueling tree or plate rack just to have more steel to shoot at.
😂 I was thinking of doing that also. I got the SI Targets rimfire dueling tree but that’s it. Need more targets!

I had absolutely no interest in a Tx22, but with this... I may have to change my mind

I had absolutely no interest in a Tx22, but with this... I may have to change my mind
Do it!! The mags suck but they're inexpensive to replace once they finally crack. There are some barrel issues but I got lucky with mine being decent. I heard the comp models have better barrels but can't confirm.

It's an incredibly reliable 22 and fits my hand like a glove. And it's super cheap.

😂 I was thinking of doing that also. I got the SI Targets rimfire dueling tree but that’s it. Need more targets!
I think that’s the same one I got. I wanted something portable. Does the top plate ever pop out on you when shooting the tree? Mine does on occasion. The other plates get held in by the piece of pipe above it, but the top one sometimes jumps out of the pipe it sits in. I gotta have my buddy weld something above it to correct that issue.

I think that’s the same one I got. I wanted something portable. Does the top plate ever pop out on you when shooting the tree? Mine does on occasion. The other plates get held in by the piece of pipe above it, but the top one sometimes jumps out of the pipe it sits in. I gotta have my buddy weld something above it to correct that issue.
YES!! it does. Drives me crazy! I emailed SI and they said it shouldn't do that but wasn't willing to offer any help beyond that.

Drop it off on your way home.

Well my slide finally broke!😭
I would guess it has seen close to 10k rounds. Been using the old version lakeline recoil spring assembly since day 1.

Interested to see if Taurus will replace under warranty. Worst case I have to spend $100 on a new slide from their webstore.

It’s a shitty design with that thin aluminum.

I see Lakeline has a new buffered recoil spring with a delrin washer at the end. I’ll grab one of those.

Wasn’t a good day at the range. Broke my AR x39 extractor too🤣
ECA7090F-ECA2-4784-88D7-BC9D435E334E.jpeg F68D141E-4E7B-439E-87D0-0C4F6E18BBBC.jpeg DD141371-ADF8-4101-BF64-175CCCEBFF07.jpeg

Well my slide finally broke!😭
I would guess it has seen close to 10k rounds. Been using the old version lakeline recoil spring assembly since day 1.

Interested to see if Taurus will replace under warranty. Worst case I have to spend $100 on a new slide from their webstore.

It’s a shitty design with that thin aluminum.

I see Lakeline has a new buffered recoil spring with a delrin washer at the end. I’ll grab one of those.

Wasn’t a good day at the range. Broke my AR x39 extractor too🤣
View attachment 583379View attachment 583377View attachment 583378
That’s a lot of rounds but sucks all the same. I might have half that but it ran like a top yesterday.

I would buy at least 2 at a time just in case Taurus starts getting retarded
Lol. I remembered this thread about someone having issues with their TX22 and Taurus not replacing it because it’s not MA compliant etc.
Well now their competition model is compliant so.
Then again this is a slide issue not a gun/frame issue

Lol. I remembered this thread about someone having issues with their TX22 and Taurus not replacing it because it’s not MA compliant etc.
Well now their competition model is compliant so.
Then again this is a slide issue not a gun/frame issue
There are ways around that problem, btw. At $100 tho id be tempted to just buy another slide. Not sure how long Taurus service takes MA bs aside.

@Mesatchornug i thought you might be interested in my latest breakages😂
I'm telling you, send a photo with links to your many breakage threads as a CV: "I'd like a job on your dev/QC team. You can pay me in ammo and replacement parts. I'm pretty sure in the industry, they call this 'sponsorship.' I'll wear your logo and shoot your gear in competitions, and provide input for continual improvement"

I'm telling you, send a photo with links to your many breakage threads as a CV: "I'd like a job on your dev/QC team. You can pay me in ammo and replacement parts. I'm pretty sure in the industry, they call this 'sponsorship.' I'll wear your logo and shoot your gear in competitions, and provide input for continual improvement"
I really should lol

I really should lol
It never hurts to ask, right?

I want to send you the last chapter of Twist of the Wrist; yes, it's about motorcyclists seeking sponsorship, but wisdom lies in learning how to transfer others' experience.

Secretly, I just want to get you off that sweet sweet government money ;)

It never hurts to ask, right?

I want to send you the last chapter of Twist of the Wrist; yes, it's about motorcyclists seeking sponsorship, but wisdom lies in learning how to transfer others' experience.

Secretly, I just want to get you off that sweet sweet government money ;)
Well I called Taurus. They said I would need to ship the entire gun back to them and they DON’T cover shipping the gun to them. They do cover return shipping though.
They said they can send me a shipping label for $50.
Honestly the new slide costs $99 on the Taurus webstore. So subtract the $50 and now I’m out $50. If they find the frame needs replacing then it needs to go to a dealer and I need to pay transfer fee etc.
I think I’m just going to buy a new slide. $50 is short money in not needing to deal with shipping/packaging and driving to FedEx etc.

Back
Top Bottom