• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taurus G3C 9mm semi will constantly dry fire.

That gun didnt come like that from the factory or atleast shouldnt have. My guess is a lack of cleaning has gummed up the striker block allowing the firing pin to make contact without a trigger pull, or the owner f***ed something up when feild stripping, or modifying something internally, but I'm no gunsmith and maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in. It would also be nice if I understood what they were saying in this video. I've basically tested my G3C for drop saftey, hitting it on plywood pretty damn hard simulating a 4-5ft drop every way imaginable with one in the chamber and the barrel pointed in a safe direction of course, and cant get it to fire. I can shake it till my eyes cross and I dont get the result shown in the video. The only issue I've heard regarding Taurus and faulty firearms were with their revolvers, or owner neglect.

Lol not sure if serious those guns (24/7) had a serious design flaw. That video is from some cop in south america whose whole PD had those things and most of them had that kind of
defect.

This is not the same as a G3 or G3C. Different design entirely.

A lot of the stuff Taurus made in the past was f***ing junk though. And some of it is still pretty marginal. Like who the f*** would want a revolver that you have to push two buttons to
open? [rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vftq9hNpvBc

Lol not sure if serious those guns (24/7) had a serious design flaw. That video is from some cop in south america whose whole PD had those things and most of them had that kind of
defect.

This is not the same as a G3 or G3C. Different design entirely.

A lot of the stuff Taurus made in the past was f***ing junk though. And some of it is still pretty marginal. Like who the f*** would want a revolver that you have to push two buttons to
open? [rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vftq9hNpvBc

Holy sh*t, what ammo was he using +P++++🤣🤣🤣 Yeah like I said I've heard bad things about their revolvers, but that was years ago.

That gun didnt come like that from the factory or atleast shouldnt have. My guess is a lack of cleaning has gummed up the striker block allowing the firing pin to make contact without a trigger pull, or the owner f***ed something up when feild stripping, or modifying something internally, but I'm no gunsmith and maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in. It would also be nice if I understood what they were saying in this video. I've basically tested my G3C for drop saftey, hitting it on plywood pretty damn hard simulating a 4-5ft drop every way imaginable with one in the chamber and the barrel pointed in a safe direction of course, and cant get it to fire. I can shake it till my eyes cross and I dont get the result shown in the video. The only issue I've heard regarding Taurus and faulty firearms were with their revolvers, or owner neglect.

The model in the video supposedly discharged on a Brazilian police officer, hitting him in the foot. Whether or not one believes that is kind of like the P320 argument about it discharging in holsters, except you don't have the Sig name behind this one. But it was enough for Taurus to recall like 100k units from the Brazilian police force, so there must be some shred of truth behind this being a faulty pistol. US versions of this model appear to have been manufactured differently and didn't suffer the same issue, from what I've read.

I have no idea why that was addresed to me this is not a g3c and it looks like it has a safety on both sides????--- and finger grips on the handle????----the g3c has never acted like that thats for sure abc50 is correct---someone who knows nothing about pistols was screwing with this one----I'm confused on that video ?????
yes, but its a past indicator of taurus being shit, lol

I have no idea why that was addresed to me this is not a g3c and it looks like it has a safety on both sides????--- and finger grips on the handle????----the g3c has never acted like that thats for sure abc50 is correct---someone who knows nothing about pistols was screwing with this one----I'm confused on that video ?????

It wasn't addressed to you. It was a reply to ACB50 about Taurus' general industry trust level and reputation, not specifically about the G3.

Can you articulate with any reasonable rationality why you are not a fan of Taurus?
My only issue is the price out the door is the sum total of the costs of everything in it. In the gun world, $300 is a lot. That's a top tier trigger, that's a match grade barrel (maybe both). So that means they didn't spend the money on 'something', tell me the 'something' and I'll give an opinion on if that piece is important to me.

Otherwise, shoot it like you looted it and enjoy it.

... the stuff Taurus made in the past was f***ing junk though. And some of it is still pretty marginal. Like who the f*** would want a revolver that you have to push two buttons to open? [rofl]
Uh, @Broccoli Iglesias wishes he had used The Button?

(Did the guy brush the "snubnose" button in that video?
Inquiring minds want to know).

The model in the video supposedly discharged on a Brazilian police officer, hitting him in the foot. ... it was enough for Taurus to recall like 100k units from the Brazilian police force, ... US versions of this model appear to have been manufactured differently and didn't suffer the same issue, from what I've read.
"When we build them for the Brazilians, we make them a leetle differently".
(Cultural reference).

Back
Top Bottom