Taurus G3C 9mm semi will constantly dry fire.

I've sold a lot working in gun retail. Face facts... Most of their lines are f***ing skinflint junk, the G3C, G3, a few others are exceptions that generally do better than their price class. They have come a long way with the G3/G3C but are still mostly ghetto/poverty/skinflint guns.

I mean... Taurus.... seriously?

View attachment 510449

You have to push both of these levers to open the cylinder. What in the unholy f***?

Only Taurus could f*** something up this way.... [rofl]

Hopefully their new CEO will shitcan everything but the G3, G3C, and TX22 and just start over...

I find it incredible that you always base everything on the amount of $$ paid for something as if it has any bearing on its quality...whether it's guns or anything else. It truely does get old.

I guess 59cent + per round of Tula ammo must pass your litmus test as it's right up there in price with the rest of the 9mm on the market?

😄😄😄S&W put an internal LOCK that you need a key for on their guns......🤔 Just what someone needs when the bad guy is coming through the door at 3am........but in MA that probably doesn't matter too much as the gun is locked up anyway by dictatorial decree.

Guess what. The price of certain items IS an indicator of quality. QC and CS need to be funded, you know. That doesn’t mean nothing ever slips through the cracks. Glock, SIG and others are perfectly capable of putting out a lemon here and there. But they don’t have entire product lines of turds.

I find it incredible that you always base everything on the amount of $$ paid for something as if it has any bearing on its quality...whether it's guns or anything else. It truely does get old.

Well get used to it, because it often does matter.

It's not always price either btw.. some of their shit is a poor value. That revolver I posted earlier retails for over $900 new. There is no way in hell that gun is anything other than a terrible value prop for a 357 Magnum revolver....

I guess 59cent + per round of Tula ammo must pass your litmus test as it's right up there in price with the rest of the 9mm on the market?

I wouldn't pay anywhere near 59 cpr for tula, not sure what kind of comparison that is.

😄😄😄S&W put an internal LOCK that you need a key for on their guns......🤔 Just what someone needs when the bad guy is coming through the door at 3am........but in MA that probably doesn't matter too much as the gun is locked up anyway by dictatorial decree.
Lol I never said Smith was great. A lot of their guns are nothing more than closeted poverty/shit guns too, especially the BG380 and the Smegma.

To think that for $300 more you could’ve had a G19 or a SP2022… what made you think buying a Taurus was a good idea???
?
The fact that for the 250 I paid for it, it runs like my G32. 1000 rounds thru it and not an issue.

Same with my Canik.......

You can buy cheaper guns that perform well.

That said, Taurus doesn't have the best rep out there, but it doesn't mean that every gun they produce is a turd. Do your homework.

I've sold a lot working in gun retail. Face facts... Most of their lines are f***ing skinflint junk, the G3C, G3, a few others are exceptions that generally do better than their price class. They have come a long way with the G3/G3C but are still mostly ghetto/poverty/skinflint guns.

I mean... Taurus.... seriously?

View attachment 510449

You have to push both of these levers to open the cylinder. What in the unholy f***?

Only Taurus could f*** something up this way.... [rofl]

Hopefully their new CEO will shitcan everything but the G3, G3C, and TX22 and just start over...
Oh really now. And what model is that Taurus? You should know since you have sold a lot of guns in retail. Thanks

Complete bullshit.
None of your reasoning is from first hand experience.

I suppose you'll tell me that a Ruger P85 or P89 is a piece of shit too right?

And just an FYI, Taurus has been in the business of making guns for forty years longer than Glock and several other companies. They've improved exponentially, no matter what bad press your memory clings to.
The new Taurus pistols are leaps and bounds over those of the past

and as far as comparing it to Glock , at least Taurus is putting out some new innovative products , Glock just releases the same pistol year after year and calls it something new

the G3C accepts pre ban 226/228/229 mags, that in itself puts it leaps and bounds above the Glock and its $200 plastic pre ban mags

about the only thing Glock has over the new Taurus is ease of complete disassembly , the Taurus is a bear to take apart 100% and put back together

It's not always price either btw.. some of their shit is a poor value. That revolver I posted earlier retails for over $900 new. There is no way in hell that gun is anything other than a terrible value prop for a 357 Magnum revolver....
I like to imagine the conversations during the design phase, since we're obviously talking about a manufacturer without an original thought.

"Should we copy the lockup on a S&W, Ruger, or DW?"
"Ruger is too complicated."
"OK, S&W or DW then?"
"How about both?"

Can you articulate with any reasonable rationality why you are not a fan of Taurus?
1. Made in Brazil not usa
2. I know 3 people that have Taurus guns 2 are wheel guns one is a Taurus 1911. The 1911 hasn't been able to get through a full mag without a malfunction since he bought it 10 years ago. Sent it back 2 times they sent it back and said it's ammo issues. Total piece of shit. The revolvers I know people that own have light strike issues all the time and Taurus tells them
.....you guessed it.....its the amo.....hard primers.......one the front sight came off the first cylinder he put through it.

3 Taurus guns.....3 guns with problems....3 friends that wish Taurus would eat shit and vaporize off the planet.

Taurus is skin flint shit guns. Period

Last edited:
The new Taurus pistols are leaps and bounds over those of the past

and as far as comparing it to Glock , at least Taurus is putting out some new innovative products , Glock just releases the same pistol year after year and calls it something new

the G3C accepts pre ban 226/228/229 mags, that in itself puts it leaps and bounds above the Glock and its $200 plastic pre ban mags

about the only thing Glock has over the new Taurus is ease of complete disassembly , the Taurus is a bear to take apart 100% and put back together
Taurus? New innovative products? Like what? The "curve"? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I mean.....for f*** sake.....how could anyone buy a gun from a company that actually made this f***ing abortion?1?1

Attachments

• 13.jpg-1.jpg
    13.jpg-1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
2. I know 3 people that have Taurus guns 2 are wheel guns one is a Taurus 1911. The 1911 hasn't been able to get through a full mag without a malfunction since he bought it 10 years ago. Sent it back 2 times they sent it back and said it's ammo issues. Total piece of shit. The revolvers I know people that own have light strike issues all the time and Taurus tells them
.....you guessed it.....its the amo.....hard primers.......one the front sight came off the first cylinder he put through it.

3 Taurus guns.....3 guns with problems....3 friends that wish Taurus would eat shit and vaporize off the planet.

I wouldn't care where the guns were made if they weren't junk. The Taurus 1911s are pretty bad. I know a guy with two of them that work ok but i didn't have the heart to tell them that they're probably going to fall apart. (I told him what to buy, but he couldn't even wait for a RIA or a turk gun) He doesn't run his guns much so he'll probably never notice it I guess for those types of people Taurus might be a good choice.. lmao. Years ago @Timber had one and he chronicled his efforts to try to get it repaired and he gave up and just ended up just throwing the entire thing in pieces into a wood stove. [rofl]

I know it goes against everything NES believes in… but if we try to stick to what the OP is actually asking about, it was the G3C. Not a Taurus 1911 or revolver or 92FS knockoff.
For a $300 gun Taurus got it right. Other than Ruger I’m not sure who else is producing a reliable pistol near that price range.

And the OP can dry fire as much as he wants as long as he is racking the slide so he’s practicing the real trigger pull.

Older guns, their revolvers and 1911's I would not buy.

You've obviously not shot the g3 or g3c......good guns and ergonomics and run well. I believe they are made in USA in Georgia now as well.

Wow, a gun that constantly dry fires by itself?

Just imagine what would happen if you put ammo into it.

You'll shoot your eye out.

Turn it in to the police for destruction before it kills somebody.

FWIW, the beretta manual says the same thing about the 92FS.

Yeah. Well wait until after about 4,000 rounds when the slide comes back and slams into your frontal cortex and kills you, buster! ;)

Old Beretta promo video showed a guy firing a 92 while pouring sand into the action. But you can't dry-fire it. LOL

I am surprised at Taurus' response. The G3C intentionally has "re-strike" capability, which basically allows the user to pull the trigger a second or third time to re-engage the Striker if you get a light strike. I assure you it is intentional and dry firing is absolutely fine. In fact, it is a lot easier with the G3C.

"The trigger is of the single-action variety, but like a double-action it has re-strike capability should the round not fire the first time." Taurus G3C: Why a Sweet Trigger Changes Everything - Guns & Gadgets Daily
So a $300 Taurus has figured out the one flaw with striker guns. Good for them.

How is that "re-strike capability" different than DA/SA? Or is that just brand-specific marketing jargon? And why didn't Taurus explain that to OP instead of just saying it works as intended?

Its unusual for striker fired pistols. I think walther might make one that does it as well. Even though I'm defending Taurus, the feature is useless for me, muscle memory on a non bang is to tap and rack, and I have no interest is trying to reprogram that part of me.

The maturity on this site is amazing, you guys get out of middle school yet. Who cares who buys what if you like the gun good for you, if you don't like a particular brand don't buy it.

Lol trust me nobody is buying something they don’t want. Good luck getting people to stop brand shitting, it’s institutional.

There’s plenty of brand shitting on NES some of it well deserved some just generic... More choices are good, even if some of them come from perpetually shitty manufacturers, like Taurus. It is a great time to buy a handgun with all the choices available in the market. Guns like the G3, and G3c give more choices.

So a $300 Taurus has figured out the one flaw with striker guns. Good for them.

An argument could be made that unless you're using really wonky ammo, re-strike shouldn't be necessary. Imagine you're going to go skydiving and someone offers you a cheap parachute that touts a "feature" of "you can pull the ripcord a second time if it doesn't work the first time". Wouldn't you just want the one that works consistently enough the first time that it doesn't bother with a second try?

An argument could be made that unless you're using really wonky ammo, re-strike shouldn't be necessary. Imagine you're going to go skydiving and someone offers you a cheap parachute that touts a "feature" of "you can pull the ripcord a second time if it doesn't work the first time". Wouldn't you just want the one that works consistently enough the first time that it doesn't bother with a second try?
I don't know... a back up pull on a parachute sounds like a million dollar idea to me.

An argument could be made that unless you're using really wonky ammo, re-strike shouldn't be necessary.
It'd be a good argument, too. Let's assume that the ammo isn't wonky, but you have a random dud. The chances of a second good strike making it go off are relatively small with centerfire ammo because the issue is probably not enough primer compound, missing anvil, something like that. A second strike is, more often than not, going to be a second failure. The right solution is tap-rack. Where we often see a second strike succeed is when the first strike was light. Again, assuming the ammo isn't wonky with deeply recessed primers or something like that, it's a gun issue. Then you'd obviously rather fix the gun than have second-strike capability.

snap caps are fine but you need the ones with the actual springing in them. But if on a budget just use a spent casing.
My snap caps are decapped empty casings with the primer hole filled with RTV which is cut flush with the back of the casing. They work great.

I guess you never heard of backup parachutes worn on the front. Murphy's law, if something can go wrong it will.

Back
Top Bottom