• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tales from the Idiot Side

• Thread starter Deleted member 12999
  • Start date
Genius I dealt with when we had that REALLY cold snap a few weeks ago:

Calls complaining of a dog left in car. I'm thinking that it's probably someone that just ran into their office quick (It's 2pm in the afternoon). I arrive to find a dog in back of car with windows cracked (8 degrees Fahrenheit out according to car thermometer), food and water bowls (water is frozen over), and engine is cold. I contemplate shooting the dog to put it out of it's misery, but then that would just be fuel for the antis (see what I did there?), so I track down the owner. When I finally meet with him, he tells me the dog has been in there all day, and it's ok because he's an outside dog. I'm not a big fan of getting in peoples business, but the dog was freezing, and this guy was out to lunch. Dog spent rest of day in his office.

Genius I dealt with when we had that REALLY cold snap a few weeks ago:

Calls complaining of a dog left in car. I'm thinking that it's probably someone that just ran into their office quick (It's 2pm in the afternoon). I arrive to find a dog in back of car with windows cracked (8 degrees Fahrenheit out according to car thermometer), food and water bowls (water is frozen over), and engine is cold. I contemplate shooting the dog to put it out of it's misery, but then that would just be fuel for the antis (see what I did there?), so I track down the owner. When I finally meet with him, he tells me the dog has been in there all day, and it's ok because he's an outside dog. I'm not a big fan of getting in peoples business, but the dog was freezing, and this guy was out to lunch. Dog spent rest of day in his office.

As a dog lover, I would have done the same, but there ARE "outside dogs, that are fine in cold temperatures. BUT, if the dog was shivering, I think you did the right thing.

I'm sitting in Moynihan's Pub in Worcester drinking a beer, and reading the Telegram and Gazette. It's about 9 or 9:30 at night. Chubby guy sits next to me and orders a drink. I've seen him around before. He's an EMT. He's wearing his EMT suit tonight.

Him: I'm an EMT.

Me: Yeah. I know.

Him: Know what I do at work? I work people over.

(Pause)

Him. You want me to work you over?

Me: I think you're gonna need an ambulance.

Damned queer.

Does not really fit in this thread but,
my father liked to tell a story about med school. While working with cadavers he cut off a guys dick and put it into a friends lab coat pocket. A few days
later his buddy put his hand in his pocket and ended up with a disk in his hand!

Back in the late 1970's when I was taking my EMT course, there was a few firemen in the class and I have to say they were a bunch of funny guy's. Well one day we where working on atomical annie,doing CPR when my group look over at the firemen that are laughing so hard that we started to laugh before we knew what was going on.Well one of the firemen put his you know what in annie mouth, and started yelling breath.

Back in the late 1970's when I was taking my EMT course, there was a few firemen in the class and I have to say they were a bunch of funny guy's. Well one day we where working on atomical annie,doing CPR when my group look over at the firemen that are laughing so hard that we started to laugh before we knew what was going on.Well one of the firemen put his you know what in annie mouth, and started yelling breath.

So the next guy that was learning CPR got to put his mouth on the dummy's pecker holster? That is funny

I have a friend who works dispatch in Dartmouth... I've gotten some really good stories from him...

He answers 911 calls and had people calling because someone stole their welfare ebt card, asking for directions, etc. Once someone called because she bailed her BF out of the clink and he didn;t pay her back.... [thinking]..

really just stupid shit...

Back
Top Bottom