• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Take care out there people!

daltrey99

NES Member
I have been a member here for a little while now. I have met a few of you and the ones that I havent met I still feel like I have known you for awhile. I just want to say becareful out there. My wife was in one hell of a car accident yesterday. She was hit by a WB Mason Cab/Chassis box truck on 128 North. The guy claims he never saw her. He didnt hit the brakes until the impact. She was driving home from work and was rear ended. She was car pooling with her friend/co-worker. I am glad it was my wifes turn to drive as her co-worker drives a little Toyota Solara. We truly believe that since they were in my wifes car, things didnt go as bad as they could have. They were in my wifes 96 Chevy Caprice. We really loved that car, but cars are replaceable. The impact it took to bend the frame and do the damage that it took had to be very intense. Both my wife and her co-worker are still in a lot of pain with neck, back and various pains. My wife lost a tooth as well. I am glad it is only as bad as it is. I could have lost her yesterday. So please friends, be careful out there.

hpim4167.jpg

hpim4179.jpg

hpim4166.jpg

Happy to hear that all involved are OK (mostly) . I'm pretty confident that the WB driver is in a world of shit at work. Mandatory drug screening, alcohol screening, good chance he's on probation at work (if he is that lucky) Accidents happen, but read enders just scream lack of attention.

Glad she came out okay!!

BTW - don't let that car go to the yard. Lots of money there if you want to strip parts (or even sell the wreck wholesale) assuming it has the LT1.

http://www.impalassforum.com

I am a member at impalassforum. The parts will stay with me. Thats all we have are Caprices. Had 4 now down to 3. No LT1 in this one. It has the little L99

I am a member at impalassforum. The parts will stay with me. Thats all we have are Caprices. Had 4 now down to 3.

Well good then. Preaching to the choir. [smile]

I have a lightly massaged '95 WX3 currently awaiting a fresh set of (coated this time...) headers. Had a couple more in the stable - gave one to mom (a Long Island car from Trooper Dan) and my wife had a slick '94 from bbodyguy that we parted with (regrettably) a few years ago. Miss the hell out of that car - had the whole Bonny interior, handled better than any stock 9C1 I've ever driven, and ran low 14's on stock 15's with a hockey puck and AIR delete.

These are solid, heavy cars - as you said it's a good thing your wife was in there and not the econo-box!

That, my friend, will most certainly not "buff right out". [wink]

Glad to hear everyone involved is ok. I wonder if WB Mason will be drug-testing their employee after a bonehead move like that?

There's definitely plenty of heavy steel to take the brunt of an impact in a big American sedan like that. When I was 17 (1997) I had an '82 Cutlass Supreme Brougham in beautiful condition with only 40K miles on it. Some DB in an old F250 pulled in front of me while I was doing 45 on a main road. I T-boned him right on the front axle and sent him spinning. My whole front end was destroyed, the hood bending right in half. That was quite a hit and I came out ok with just sore wrists from gripping the steering wheel upon impact. I had no seatbelt on. I wear one everywhere now.

I once hit a tree at 50 MPh. Luckily I was in a Caprice and going backwards. The tree pushed the rear bumper all the way through the rear seat. Basically, the whole back of the car was gone, parts everywhere. I walked away uninjured. Try that in a Civic.

I'm glad your wife is OK, all things considered.

I once hit a tree at 50 MPh. Luckily I was in a Caprice and going backwards. The tree pushed the rear bumper all the way through the rear seat. Basically, the whole back of the car was gone, parts everywhere. I walked away uninjured. Try that in a Civic.

I'm glad your wife is OK, all things considered.

How the fawk were you doing 50 in reverse? A better question is... WHY??!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom