Tactical .22 Matches

It seems like there are a lot of people out there with M&P 1522s, modified 10/22s and other tactical .22s and I was wondering if there are any competitions or fun shoots for them. I haven't seen matches for them yet but tactical .22s are popular enough that I should think there would be.

Ruger runs their Rimfire Challenge series...I think our local one is at SigArms in late June. maybe if I pickup a 10/22 or similar I'll try to get up there for it, looks like fun

Independent Sportsmans Club is having a .22 rimfire action rifle match in September. Unfortunately it's the same weekend as the USPSA Area 7 match. Otherwise I'd be on it!
I don't know if that's the kind of "tactical" you desire though.

Last edited:
You don't need to be a member to shoot steel challenge at Harvard, and I believe they decided rimfire rifles were gtg.

Independent Sportsmans Club is having a .22 rimfire action rifle match in September. Unfortunately it's the same weekend as the USPSA Area 7 match. Otherwise I'd be on it!
I don't know if that's the kind of "tactical" you desire though.

Pioneer SC in Dunbarton NH has a rimfire class in their Carbine matches.

You don't need to be a member to shoot steel challenge at Harvard, and I believe they decided rimfire rifles were gtg.

The last SC match at Harvard had a rimfire rifle class as well as rimfire pistol.

And we also have a rim fire division (pistol and rifle, further broken down into iron or optic sights( for all of our steel challenge matches, and no you don't need to be a member...Next SC match is in a couple of weeks I think- check the web site....

Pioneer SC in Dunbarton NH has a rimfire class in their Carbine matches.

At Hanson, Yes you need to be a member of the range

I do not believe this to be correct. Anyone can come and shoot the event. I imagine they would be glad to have more participants. One of the members here (Iron Horse Gunn) helps run the match.

From the club web page:

"Events are generally open to the public unless noted to be for members only"

Here is the calendar listing for the steel plate shoot. It says nothing about members only.

1st Sunday of the month (April-October) Steel Plate Shoot (.22 caliber) Sunday 11:00 A.M. -3:00 P.M.

Alright! Glad to see there are some events for .22 caliber. I would like to do 2/3 gun matches but being a poor college student i cant afford an AR-15 + ammo for it right now. Rimfire events will be a good stepping stone for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom