• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Swiss support for gun ownership faces crucial test

But in a state where compulsory military service means many are comfortable around weapons, voters might, in a May referendum, push back against gun reforms demanded by the European Union.

that f***ing European Union brought nothing but f***ing pain to Europe. Who the hell is this "union" because it seems like it's f***ing every single country there is.

SwissExit! Why the f*** Swiss joined in the first place??? I thought that they wanted to be neutral. Taking guns from people is not very neutral.

While Switzerland isn't a member of the EU, it still must abide by its rules because of the Visa set up. F that S is what the Swiss should say to that.

that f***ing European Union brought nothing but f***ing pain to Europe. Who the hell is this "union" because it seems like it's f***ing every single country there is.

SwissExit! Why the f*** Swiss joined in the first place??? I thought that they wanted to be neutral. Taking guns from people is not very neutral.

Switzerland is NOT an eu member state. Period. Full stop.

There is a bilateral set of agreements (Schengen) that cover freedom of movement for people and goods. That’s the lever the Eurocrats are pushing.

Reto

Saw this posted on the door of a shooting range there last week related to this vote (clearly, against it).

Attachments

• 20190404_120144.jpg
    20190404_120144.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 135
Worth it!
There is no disastrous outcome for Switzerland. They can just say "no one meeds a Visa to come in" and tourists will continue to pour into the country.

The only negative is its citizens might need to pay for a EU Visa, but I'm sure Switzerland has more than enough ways to push the EU to not do this.

There is no disastrous outcome for Switzerland. They can just say "no one meeds a Visa to come in" and tourists will continue to pour into the country.

The only negative is its citizens might need to pay for a EU Visa, but I'm sure Switzerland has more than enough ways to push the EU to not do this.

Yes. To a point.

The EU is Switzerland’s largest trading partner and Switzerland is the EUs third largest trading partner. Telling the EU to “fack right orf” would be about a 5% hit to the Swiss economy.

The operative phrase is “cut off one’s nose to spite one’s face”

R

You don’t mess with the Swiss. Heck the Nazi’s thought about invading them but thought better of it. The running joke over there is that they think the Germans are stupid.

I have faith they will vote the right way.

Right on, bro! I hope they add language to the referendum that stipulates it is one-time-only and can never be resurrected. Then vote it down into oblivion by a huge margin and be done with it once and for all. Best way to give the EU the big FU!

Saw this posted on the door of a shooting range there last week related to this vote (clearly, against it).
I only understand one word of that poster but I still get the gist I think.

Did you get to go shoot there? What’s it like?

Swiss support for gun ownership faces crucial test

The only "Crucial Test" that Swiss Gun Owners should face is the 1000 meter qualifier...

swiss-gun-range-12.jpg

iu
And how to get the Beef home...

Be just like liberals when there is a law they don't like they just pretend it doesn't exist and ignore it. What's the EU going to do invade Switzerland for some handguns?

I only understand one word of that poster but I still get the gist I think.

Did you get to go shoot there? What’s it like?

Unfortunately I didn't. I have a few friends there, but none of them are shooters.

Related, this is right in the city in Salzburg (Austria). While owning guns is a challenge in Europe, there's still a strong shooting culture in some of these countries.

Attachments

• IMG_20190327_155853.jpg
    IMG_20190327_155853.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 43
I don't get how this tourist shit works, it's business of the Swiss who they let into the country. Eurozonef***tards can't stop toursits from visiting Swissland.

I'm not up on the details, but I'm pretty sure that part of the deal with being part of the EU is pretty much open borders . That's why Europe is overrun with refugees - and why the EU is pissed at Hungary. The refugees swarm in thru countries like Italy - and are free to run over the borders to the countries north of Italy. Hungary said F that - and put up a border fence - which was in direct contradiction to the EU "agreement".

Switzerland is also potentially a more direct route to transfer refugees into certain parts of Europe. It's why Hitler planned to invade Switzerland during WW2. Some of the better transport routes to Italy ran thru Switzerland. Modern Europe has apparently fixed those issues as they seem to have found an efficient way of transferring a horde of millions coming out of Africa and the Middle East into the whole of Europe.

They are not part of the European Unionand maintain their own currency, but do have an agrément somewhat on the borders.

I'm not up on the details, but I'm pretty sure that part of the deal with being part of the EU is pretty much open borders . That's why Europe is overrun with refugees - and why the EU is pissed at Hungary. The refugees swarm in thru countries like Italy - and are free to run over the borders to the countries north of Italy. Hungary said F that - and put up a border fence - which was in direct contradiction to the EU "agreement".

Hungary placed their fence along the Serbian and Croatian borders. Croatia is part of the EU, but not part of the free travel Schengen zone. Serbia is part of neither.

I don't get how this tourist shit works, it's business of the Swiss who they let into the country. Eurozonef***tards can't stop toursits from visiting Swissland.

When I went to Europe last year I only had to go through customs at the Port of entry which was Paris. After that I could travel to other eu countries freely without a passport and going through customs.

Back
Top Bottom