• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sweet ammo gloriousness

Stryker

NES Member
Arrived on my doorstep today from CMP (surplus HXP):

IMG_3460_zpsae11d810.jpg

IMG_3454_zps6c29bd30.jpg

Grabbed a few handfuls and looks to be a mixture of mid 60's and mid 70's head stamps - mostly 1974 and 1964.
All look in good shape and shootable.

For those waiting for HXP from CMP I ordered on estore on 2/4 so ~50 days from order to delivery.

Hoping to get a chance to shoot some of it this week.

Yep - the cans were in pretty bad shape overall, but the ammo in good shape (I am guessing the ammo was not stored in those cans)
Will probably keep the older can as is, and paint the other two which are more generic

I think the ammo is dumped into a huge bin and then the ammo boxes are filled from there. I ordered 3 cans too, picking it up at FedEx tomorrow.

Maybe I have too much tin foil on, but if Marcia sees this thread could she threaten CMP like she does other vendors? Might be good to delete this in entirety. Just not sure.

She cant do squat its not illegal cmp knows this......there are no laws restricting mail order ammo sails. The bully hacks just threaten the vendors.

^^smash, you're saying only boxer primed and non-corrosive can be reloaded, correct?

Nope, there is boxer primed corrosive ammo, and you can reload berdan primed ammo, given the appropriate primers and equipment. HXP is however boxer primed and non-corrosive.

Back
Top Bottom