SWAT strolling around Boston today

I have a short project in Boston.
Just got back from grabbing lunch near Govt Center.

A cop walks into the sandwich shop with a drop leg holster and a ninja uniform so naturally I walk over to see what he's carrying. 3rd gen Glock.

I see a SWAT patch on his shoulder but think nothing of it. He walks outside. That's when I see his partner outside holding an 2 AR carbines.

Off they go, strolling down the street. AR's strung chest high.

Are BPD now patrolling with AR's? I haven't worked in Boston in a while. Maybe this is common practice now.

Are BPD now patrolling with AR's? I haven't worked in Boston in a while. Maybe this is common practice now.

Did you get close enough to see if they were machine guns or just the typical semi ARs?

I always wonder if they are carrying weapons with burst/auto, simply do to the fact that i wonder if they are even trained on how to use them on that setting.... A machine gun would be real low on the list of things i want when it would come down to taking down one or two people in a crowded civilian setting... the FN 303 seems to be past some of the BPD officers skill level unfortunatly...

Did you get close enough to see if they were machine guns or just the typical semi ARs?

I always wonder if they are carrying weapons with burst/auto, simply do to the fact that i wonder if they are even trained on how to use them on that setting.... A machine gun would be real low on the list of things i want when it would come down to taking down one or two people in a crowded civilian setting... the FN 303 seems to be past some of the BPD officers skill level unfortunatly...

It wouldn't surprise me. I ran into a Lunenburg cop at Leominster a few weeks ago at the 50 yard range with one of the department's AR's firing in burst.

It wouldn't surprise me. I ran into a Lunenburg cop at Leominster a few weeks ago at the 50 yard range with one of the department's AR's firing in burst.

I dont have a problem with it as long as the offiers that are carrying them know exactly how to use it and exactly what the ROE is, and how their rifle and its capabilities are needed in each situation.

No. I really wasn't all that interested. Just curious why he was in a different uniform, and had a drop leg holster. I only noticed they had AR's when he left.

Back
Top Bottom