• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SWAT officer shot in back of head during no-knock raid

Unless you believe in the JFK magic bullet theory, I don't see how anyone could agree with the cops story. How did the officer get tapped in the back of the head when Martinez was in front of them?

Unless you believe in the JFK magic bullet theory, I don't see how anyone could agree with the cops story. How did the officer get tapped in the back of the head when Martinez was in front of them?

The other option is that the officer was just turning his life around.

Even if it is established that Diamond was shot by one of his fellow officers, Martinez would be charged with the murder.

Good! the more of these ****ers that get whacked during late night/early morning "NO KNOCK" intrusions the happier I am. There are plenty of ways to take a person down without bustin his door down while he's in bed and charging in pointing guns at everyone there. I don't know who thought that shit up but they were just plain stupid.

Good! the more of these ****ers that get whacked during late night/early morning "NO KNOCK" intrusions the happier I am. There are plenty of ways to take a person down without bustin his door down while he's in bed and charging in pointing guns at everyone there. I don't know who thought that shit up but they were just plain stupid.

I am looking into my crystal ball and I don't see cops arriving to the same conclusion ... I see hero's funeral with bagpipes and speeches about gun violence, I see dude with busted door going to jail for a long time.

The correct course of action is say how it is. Some judges dumb decision to issue a warrant. Some dumb police chief's desire to serve it. Some dumb cop shooting his buddy in the head. This should all lead to some firing without pension, legal fees for the town and a lifetime of pain/regret to the officer who wasted his partner by not keeping his ****ing finger off the trigger.

Hmmm, maybe the #2 guy was trigger happy, not the homeowner.

I don't think that is possible as a firearm won't fire if you don't touch the trigger. If I've learned anything around here it's that.

The #2 guy's trigger finger was his safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.myfoxla.com/story/271642...ficer-shaun-diamond-to-be-charged-with-murder

Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said Diamond was helping to open the outer door of a home in the 100 block of San Marino Avenue as part of a multi-agency operation targeting the Mongols motorcycle gang when an interior door of the home was opened and a single shotgun blast rang out.
Police did not return fire. "The officers at this point didn't have a clear shot at the suspect,'' according to sheriff's Lt. Eddie Hernandez. "The suspect, we're being told, laid on the ground and put the firearm to his side. Also the (suspect's) father was in the way and at that point it became a rescue operation to get the officer some medical attention. The suspect was taken into custody without incident.''

Ok, so the guy is a murderer but only fired one shot and put the gun down? Unless it jammed, why would he if he were a murderer? This sound a lot like the one in Tx where they busted into someones house (I think it was the wrong one too) and the guy felt threatened and shot the cop dead. I don't see where this cannot be a self defense case.

I can understand doing a no knock for a person wanted for murder or another serious crime with a history of violence. But to do a no knock to serve a warrant "looking" for evidence of a crime? Give me a break. I'm sorry to his family for his death but when do the cops stop doing this crap for minor warrants or to look for evidence?

Doesn't the felony murder rule require you to be committing a felony to be charged with it? If he wasn't the shooter, how does being in your house while police break in constitute the commission of a felony? Wouldn't a felony murder charge do more to suggest the police were committing felonies?

Either way, isn't this usually the type of situation where people say:

PSGWSP

?

Now of course no knock police home invasions are disgusting and immoral for any reason to begin with, but it would appear they had even less reason than usual for this one. They won't even say what they were looking for. Who wants to bet the warrant didn't name specifics, you know, like are required by law...

And oh yeah, the cop was shot by another cop. I'm sure of it. Know why?

Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Eddie Hernandez said:
He said Diamond, who was wearing a helmet, appeared to have been struck in the back of the head by a single gunshot that also hit the suspect's father in the arm.

What is more likely. Guy shoots at cop and happens to hit his own father, or cop shoots at 'suspect' (who happened to be the dad instead) and accidentally hits his team member who is standing in front of him?

These are the kind of events that make people want to install a mini-gun on a automated turrent.

Thing go bad, just hit the big red E-stop button and Mr. Mini-gun starts strafing from left to right until the whole house is cut in half. Hey... you may not make it, but nobody else will either that's for sure. It's the homeowners version of scorched earth. [smile]

These are the kind of events that make people want to install a mini-gun on a automated turrent.

Thing go bad, just hit the big red E-stop button and Mr. Mini-gun starts strafing from left to right until the whole house is cut in half. Hey... you may not make it, but nobody else will either that's for sure. It's the homeowners version of scorched earth. [smile]

Oh how about that silly laser trap from the Resident Evil movie?

This is why no knock warrants should not be happening... So if it was a shotgun does the wound match that of a shotgun wound?

Last edited:
This is so obvious as to be legally retarded. You are outside my house facing my house with an officer behind you. I am inside my house facing outside with a person in front of me. I fire one shot that hits you in the back of your head.

You want to try again?

Last edited:
I don't think that is possible as a firearm won't fire if you don't touch the trigger. If I've learned anything around here it's that.

The #2 guy's trigger finger was his safety.

this one does

Last edited by a moderator:
That's some highly trained operators right there.
Make sure you got the safety off and your booger hook on the trigger while your muzzle is pointed at the back of your buddy's head.
What could go wrong?
And shit , if you do shot your team mate ,you can always claim the guy you went in after did an Annie Oakley trick shot.
Who the F*ck is training these guys?

Forward and to the left, forward and to the left. That is my guess. Unless the popo was left handed.

Even if it is established that Diamond was shot by one of his fellow officers, Martinez would be charged with the murder.

I don't believe that is correct. If Martinez was not in the act of committing a crime he would not be charged. From the story it sounds as if Martinez peacefully surrendered.

I don't believe that is correct. If Martinez was not in the act of committing a crime he would not be charged. From the story it sounds as if Martinez peacefully surrendered.
I believe the crime would be "resisting arrest" in the event there was no _actual_ crime with which to charge him. Then Martinez would be charged with whatever harm befell the police or any other non-police during the course of the state-sanctioned home invasion.

This! Whether or not it would stick in a court of law you can bet they would throw it up there along with the other goodies.

This! Whether or not it would stick in a court of law you can bet they would throw it up there along with the other goodies.

They definitely would try. If he had a crappy lawyer, he'd be convicted too.

Back
Top Bottom