Survival Deals

FYI - My Patriot Supply is having their $17.76 for a one week supply of e-food deal this weekend.

I got a bunch of these for the truck. I've tried eating a few. They're OK, but they use *lots* of added sugar. This is probably not a bad thing in a survival situation, but it inspired me to go to the big-box store and get large packs of toothbrushes and toothpaste to throw in the bag with this food.

If you order multiple boxes of this $17.76 deal, know that each contains exactly the same mix of items. If I had it to do over, I'd have spent a little more to get more variety.

It's good to know there's always food available if we get stuck somewhere, or if going to buy food is inconvenient for whatever reason. These $17.76 boxes are an inexpensive way to achieve that. I'll be adding to the mix over time, upgrading the variety with other things.

FYI,
-jpg

Anyone else get the Emergency Essentials 50% off Mountain House deal email today?

Thinking of taking the bait.

Those seem like pretty solid prices

They are good prices. About 4-5 bucks per can below Walmart. Just ordered 5 more. Unfortunately my wife doesn't eat red meat so I have to buy some of the more expensive stuff.

Of course she likes mac and cheese, which is cheap, so things kind of offset.

MREdepot.com is having a group buy on freeze dried boneless chicken breasts. There is 9-12 chicken breasts per #10 can. The cost is $40 per can when you use promo code CB20. This is a presale, meaning they will charge your credit card when you place your order, but they will not ship for aprox. 4 weeks because the chicken has not been processed yet. The sale ends Sunday night. If you go to their web sight, you should click Military Surplus.

Last edited:

Picked up some more just now. If you take a few minutes and compare the prices to those on Amazon, you will see that some foods are a much better deal than others. Pasta Primavera is a steal right now; Turkey Tetrazini, Chicken Rice, and Mac & Cheese are also very good deals. With the others you're not really saving that much over Amazon Prime once you pay for shipping.

Back
Top Bottom