Surefire AZ 2

Does any one have a sure fire AZ2? I found it online for $105 shipped and I was hoping that some of you would have an opinion on it. To me that’s an awful lot to spend on a flashlight, but its half off MSRP and about 50 lumens more than my current carry light.

Surefires are nice lights, and were certainly cutting-edge a few years ago, but unfortunately they have not quite kept up with the times and technology.

The market is now glutted with very high quality and very bright LED lights for a lot less money than what Surefire traditionally charges for theirs.

Fenix, Foursevens, Jetbeam, Sunwayman, Eagletac and others all make extremely well made lights, and the light output of some of them is absolutely staggering.

Set aside a couple days and do some reaseach, and if you still like the Surefire best you certainly won't go wrong with one, but personally I think - for the money - there are better choices.

I was an online SF dealer for years, nice lights. But there are better ones out there for less. A lot of company's surpassed them. I personally like Fenix now.

SF was tops for a long time, but they got arrogant and stagnant.

I was at Home depot today and picked up a Maglite mini maglite PRO..... Holy crap! 240 lumens out of a minimaglite! I am VERY impressed, esp. for 22 bux.

I havent seen the new maglite TAC, but specs seem good.. anyone try one yet?

Back
Top Bottom